Can sleeping w/ no headscarf have THIS BAD of an effect?

LushLox

For the ladies that have trouble keeping their scarf on. Do you use a regular square shape scarf? I find with the best will in the world these never stay on my head so I bought a rectangle silk scarf. It's actually a long silk scarf meant for the neck, but the shape means I can wrap it round my head and it stays in place all night, no problem.

ladytea

Try this. Moisturize and wrap your hair, put on a stocking cap, and then your scarf. If your scarf comes off at least your hair is still protected. HTH

Yep :yep: I sleep like a wildcat and by morning I'm at least wearing the stocking cap on my head.

HoneyDew

Well, I use a satin stay on bonnet, but I tie a Batik cotton scarf on top for protection.

it works for me!

yuriko

I think the sating pillow case will solve your problems, I found that I have to tie my scarf a different way to keep it on

LovinLea

sleeping with no head carf completely saps all the moisture oout of my hair. it is easier to dress wear the scarf and cover it with a wig cap then to try to make up for it with several DCs.

melodies815

I have never slept with a satin scarf/bonnet until LHCF. I distinctly recall having SL hair on one side of my head and chin length on the other - the side that I slept on every night.

I sleep the exact same way now, BUT with a bonnet, and all my hair is growing out evenly. It makes a HUGE difference!

cj

*Muffin*

I'm honestly getting tired of sleeping with a scarf over my head. I've been doing it faithfully for a year and a half to two years now, but I'm tired of trying to sleep delicately so as to keep it on my head. I've even resorted to wearing knitted caps over my scarves to keep them from falling off, lol. I think I'll invest in a silk/satin pillow case and just wear my hair in braids or secured (which I usually do anyway) while I sleep.

P.S. If you are a wild sleeper, just stick with the satin pillow case and tie your hair down. No use trying to wrestle the scarf while your sleeping trying to get it to stay on your head :grin:. I'm definitely tired of it.

Last edited: