can i dye over

chebaby

bleached hair?
i just got hilights with bleach last week and im wondering can i dye over it?
ive never had dye in my hair before but i want to try it becuase there is a color i want to try.
so can i do it?

gissellr78

bleached hair?
ive never had dye in my hair before but i want to try it becuase there is a color i want to try.
so can i do it?

I wouldnt you may have severe damage or hair loss

outspokenwallflower

Maybe you can try a semi-permanent color or a demi-permanent?

As the others have already said about damage, the color may also come out different or wrong because of the highlights you already have...it'd be best to see a professional regarding anything about dying over highlights.

ETA: Certain brands of Demi-Permanent hair colors do not have harsh chemicals and are actually great at making the hair soft and shiny...my recent try with Redken Shades EQ was AMAZING...soft, shiny, rich (in color) hair...not harsh at all, none of that ammonia ish and is the #1 hair coloring gloss rated by stylists...Look around also for some other great brands and options! =D

Last edited:

Skiggle

Maybe you should try henna..
It doesn't have all those
harsh chemicals like
a demi-permanent...
I think this would work best..
its all natural and makes your
hair shiny I've heard...

bleached hair?
so can i do it?

MAMATO

I would not do that if I were you. I did the same thing pre-lhcf, let me tell you Oh my Oh my... I almost went bald :( and the color reverted back but in the greenish way ...HTH :)

Denise11

I went bald from doing that. LITERALLY! My hair turned to JELLY and went down the drain!

You can put a rinse on it if the color is bad and you want to cover it up. It'll also darken it so that it won't stand out so much.

soonergirl

I just got bleached highlights as well for spring/summer, dont do it.. Your hair will turn to mush...Once fall hits I may darken my hair with a semi permanent rinse, but no more permanent color over this.