Can anyone recommend a no-lye relaxer?

Testylocs75

Can anyone recommend a mild no-lye relaxer?

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a mild no-lye relaxer? I am currently using Optimum Care no-lye relaxer, mild but it’s like a hit or miss. Sometimes it works well; other times it barely takes at all. One good sweat and my hair looks like I need a touch up all over again. Prior to that, I was using Crème of Nature no-lye relaxer mild for years. It worked well, but then I couldn’t find it any more. Because, I could not find the Crème of Nature no-lye relaxer anymore, I tried Ultra Sheen Precise mild no-lye relaxer. It was a little too strong but I cut it with oil and it worked without damaging my hair, but every time I used it my edges would burn very quickly. Never break off my hair. My skin would just get very irritated. Then after a year of using it, my edges did finally break off and so did a section in the back of my head during a touch up. For the next touch up, I switched to Optimum Care no-lye relaxer, mild and instead of touching up my hair every 8 weeks now I touch up every 12 weeks. My hair is much healthier now; it just takes more work to groom because it needs to be blown straight more often. Unfortunately, that damages my hair. I'm looking for simplicity.
Can anyone help?

Last edited:

Sugar

I've been using ORS No Lye Relaxer for 5+ years now with no problems. Perhaps you can try that.

Sugar

My bad...I should have checked your join date. ORS = Organic Root Stimulator. If you click the link to my Fotki in my siggy I think there's a photo of the box in one of my albums. The first album I think.