Buying Jojoba Oil

Chameleonchick

Where is the best and most cost effective place for me to buy this oil. I am running low and when I went to my local health store the price has went up by more than 10 bucks. Where do you buy yours from? Also are there any substitutions for Jojoba oil?

The price of jojoba oil has increased in the past 6 months so I stopped buying it. I use hemp oil in it's place. But when I did purchase it I did online at vitacost, amazon, Iherb, or camden grey.

The price of jojoba oil has increased in the past 6 months so I stopped buying it. I use hemp oil in it's place. But when I did purchase it I did online at vitacost, amazon, Iherb, or camden grey.

Do you find that hempseed oil yields the same results for your hair?

I got mine on sale at whole foods when it was marked down to 5.99. The bottle is 4 oz but I only use a few drops at a time so it goes a long way.

I have a couple 8oz bottles that im trying to get rid of.. i used to have a gallon so i split them into 8oz bottles... used some.. sold some... how much do u need? How much are u trying to spend? Pm me...

How long do these oils typically last you if you buy them in bulk? Like how long do you usually go between orders?

NaiyaAi I bought 1/4 gallon-gallon sizes of about 10 different oils and butters from this site and another one...
I'm still going strong. That was last year. And I sold some to my clients too.
I have made 16 oz growth blends for my scalp and those last me for 2-3 months. I guess it depends on how heavy handed you are.
I have gallons of castor oil and coconut oil... those are going equally as fast as my 1/2 gal of grapeseed oil and my 1/4 gal of neem.

@NaiyaAi I bought 1/4 gallon-gallon sizes of about 10 different oils and butters from this site and another one...
I'm still going strong. That was last year. And I sold some to my clients too.
I have made 16 oz growth blends for my scalp and those last me for 2-3 months. I guess it depends on how heavy handed you are.
I have gallons of castor oil and coconut oil... those are going equally as fast as my 1/2 gal of grapeseed oil and my 1/4 gal of neem.
SummerSolstice Where did you buy your 1/4 gallon sizes at? Also how long did your big size of Jojoba last?

Last edited:
Do you find that hempseed oil yields the same results for your hair?

Actually it does work better for me. I never got really great results from jojoba oil (it just seemed to just sit on my hair). The shelf life is short for hemp oil so I add rosemary extract or essential oil to it to make it lasts longer.

Okay I'm going a little off here but is Argan Oil like jojoba oil or is it different. I know recently (past few years) Argan oil has made a huge boom in the haircare industry. Do you all know of this oil on the hair? I'm not talking about the blends I'm talking about the oil straight.

Due to the obscene price hike, I was forced to replace jojoba in favor of macadamia nut oil (which is a nice, light oil whose emollient properties are very similar to mink oil and sebum). Albeit its much lighter consistency, argan oil is reported to have the same healing, hydrating and strengthening properties as jojoba given its vitamin E, antioxidant and unsaturated EFA content.

While jojoba worked well when I added it to conditioners, macadamia and argan have proven to be effective “stand-alone” oils that give great shine.

Jojoba has been in a crazy shortage lately and the price is ridiculous. I also like Rice Bran, Argan and Castor oils just as much.

Yes, I got some Pure Jojoba imported from Israel from :Jamaicanoils.com

And while I really love it, it is/was pricey.:ohwell:

I also got some Pure Argan from there that was even price-er.:nono:

They've been offering a 15% off sale lately.

*However, both Pure Argan & Pure Jojoba are absolutely wonderful and can be used 'sparingly' and yield maximum results.:yep:

Back