Build-up or Dry Scalp??

Jadacrys

Weird question, but what is the difference? Since I stopped using grease, I am noticing a fine particles coming from my scalp.

I was using Africa's Best Carrot Oil Cream everyday for moisture. After 3 days of daily use, I noticed particles that were a little bit darker in color, but gummy coming from my scalp (doing a scalp massage). My hair had a greasy, dry, firm (but not moist) feeling. I concluded buildup.

Based on this, I preconditioned with Elasta QP Intense Conditioner, shampooed with very diluted VO5 silky experiences moisturizing shampoo w/ 1 tbsp of sodium lactate in it, then conditioned and detangled with Suave colorcare co. I used allways moisturizer/leave in next.

Now, my scalp is doing the fine powder particles. Not particularly itchy, but feels parched. My ends are kinda rough in texture too.

What do you think? Are both particles the same? Is it dryness or buildup (and what would be the difference)? What would you suggest? Thanks.

Arcadian

Sounds like your hair is just dry. If the particles are small, not big or gummy feeling all the time then you no doubt need to find a better way of moisterizing.

Hollywood carrot oil did a number on my scalp. (but it sure did make my hair look pretty!)

Best way to find out is to clarify and use your normal amount of products.

-A