BSL to WSL How long?

Qetesh

I am currently at mid back and 4 inches from waist length (last time I checked was 2 months ago)
I plan on being to waist length by July of 07 so in 10 months. I might even start bunning until spring (possible challenge??) I am short (5’1) and my hair has only been this long when I was 5.

Lucia

lala said:
It took 1 yr. for me to reach...
Lala you've got to spill it, what did you do, protective styles, buns, braids, oil scalp massages, what? we gotz to know. :lol:

Last edited:

baglady215

I hope to get to WSL in maybe 18 months. I'm short waisted, so that's a good thing. But my hair grows so dang slow, and I plan on getting a good trim... So we'll see.

lala

Lucia said:
Lala you've got to spill it, what did you do, protective styles, buns, braids, oil scalp massages, what? we gotz to know. :lol:

I have a very simple regimen, and I don't wear protective styles or braids. Here's a link to my regimen: click here

sugarose

I'm at BSL (23 inches) and waist length is 27 inches on me so I should reach my goal by the end of this year.

ETA: lala, I love your regimen!! I am working on making mine as simple as possible.

Last edited:

baglady215

sugarose said:
I'm at BSL (23 inches) and waist length is 27 inches on me so I should reach my goal by the end of this year.

ETA: lala, I love your regimen!! I am working on making mine as simple as possible.

Lala's proof... simple works!

Doll

I went from BSL to MBL during the 6 month Christmas challenge. I hope to get the same growth and length retention or more this time around to reach WSL sometime during 2007. Oh yeah ... I'm 5'4" and my torso is average length.

Last edited:

LaFemmeNaturelle

I don't wanna answer until I straighten and know for sure lol but IF all goes as planned, it will be 6 months...kinda quick I guess because of my short torso.

MsLizziA

Girl, I knew NOTHING about haircare!

My mother is white with very straight long hair and when I was a child she used to wash my hair and my sisters once a week with whatever shampoo and conditoner happened to be on sale and then pull it back tight into one or two braids with vaseline. She brushed and rebraided our hair everyday adding more vaseline. By the end of the week our hair was so greasy and dirty, it was a nightmare having it washed. :cry3:

I "discovered" curling irons and flar irons when I was about 12 and my mother was glad to let me take over my own haircare. I fried the hell out of my hair, sometimes I would dip the hairbrush in a cup of water and then brush my hair wet, tearing through the tangles. Then I curled the wet hair and heard it sizzle! :eek: I slicked it all down with vaseline after I was done.

I literally burned whole patches of hair off. I had so many short burned sections on my head it wasn't even funny. My hair always had a "burned" smell.

I "taught" my sister who is two years younger how to "do" her hair with the curling iron and grease too. We both thought we were so cute!:lachen: Then she decided using a curling iron or flat iron took to much time and she showed me how to use the reular iron! :eek: We left so much grease on the iron one night that when our father plugged it in the morning he had a fit. We had to buy a new iron for clothes and my sister kept the old one for her hair.

iDied :hair:

BeautifulFlower

I didnt trim regularly at all during my 3 years. I've trimmed once a year for 3 years. My method:
- if I use heat (blow dry or flat iron), I dust.
- if I see a split end, I cut it off.
- if I see a knot, I cut it off.
- if I just relaxed, I'll blow dry straight, then neaten up my ends

Other that I protect my ends with buns and do low maintenance/no heat styles like braidouts and ponytails.

shunta

I don't think I'll make WL. I've been at BSL/MBL for damn near 2 yrs. Maybe this is my terminal length. And I'm also 5'9 so that probably doesn't help.

shunta

Janet'..Yes, girl. I really do. I've been hovering at the same length for just too long. And I'm pretty much doing everything regimen-wise that got me to this length. I started at SL and BSL was initially my goal anyway, so it's ok. And I probably wouldn't know how to handle WL anyway so I'll just be happy. :lol:

lushlady

These times seem so long. I was hoping to make WL by the end of next year. Now I don't know. Impatience I guess. . .

LaFemmeNaturelle

It honestly should'nt take that long as long as your retention is on point. If you have a good solid regimen and you have been retaining all your length all along, then I don't see why it would take longer than a year, depending on your growth rate. Janet, idk, because you have color but it seems as though you are doing pretty well with it. But as long as yall focus on retaining then you really have nothing to worry about. Don't try switching things up when you already have whats working. I feel like thats a big problem for people. I'm getting ready to start using heat once a month so I kind of feel like my retention will be hindered but I don't really care lol

But I def believe both of you (Janet and misslaraj) will make wl by December 2011 at the latest. Keep hope alive!