Traycee went from apl to wsl in 10mths.. anyone else?

msa

I think she's actually shorter than that because I remember being shocked that she was shorter than me or the same height as me (I'm 5"2). The way she carries herself with such poise and elegance I thought she was much taller! Yeah I'm a Traycee stan... :look:

I love her hair and style... She soo honest and helpful :yep:. I also remember her being a few inches shorter then me... I'm 5'4...I also believe it's a (combo) of growth rate, retention and height to get to apl to wl...We all have the abilitiy to get there in our own time:grin:.

I agree with both of you. I could have sworn she said she was 5'1" or 5'2" somewhere. Also, if you look at her pics APL and WL are not miles away from each other.

To be clear, I'm not trying to take anything away from Traycee's progress because it is amazing regardless of the time it took. I'm just pointing out that the reality is that for some people it'll be quicker to attain length goals because of their height/proportions/distance between lengths.

Traycee exerises 4-5 days a week and eats a diet of only fish. When I changed my diet I started growing over an inch a month. Most of us eat unhealthy (I know I used to). She doesn't eat any other form of meat now (check out her site). I eat fish mostly with a little chicken, vegetables and chlorella.

I love Traycee. She knows what you put inside reflects on your outside.

I do agree with the moisturizing constantly too!

I agree. She is super healthy and has found a retention regimen that works perfectly for her. Those are the two most important things IMO.

Traycee is my inspiration for consistency because she stays on top of things. I really admire that.

Jetblackhair

I think Traycee has found a retention method that works well for her. I am 5'4' and I don't feel like I'm making my goals quicker than a taller person.

Part of the reason is that I have not found my perfect retention method.

Traycee exerises 4-5 days a week and eats a diet of only fish. When I changed my diet I started growing over an inch a month. Most of us eat unhealthy (I know I used to). She doesn't eat any other form of meat now (check out her site). I eat fish mostly with a little chicken, vegetables and chlorella.

Now that is awesome, a fish protein only! I will check her site Thanks for that tid bit of information.

beans4reezy

To be clear, I'm not trying to take anything away from Traycee's progress because it is amazing regardless of the time it took. I'm just pointing out that the reality is that for some people it'll be quicker to attain length goals because of their height/proportions/distance between lengths.

What's funny is that I was thinking about her retention on my drive to work this morning. I just thought that Tracey must be super human or something- then doubt started to creep in..."Beans, you will NEVER make it that far..." But this puts everything in perspective. In addition to her solid regimen, height is such an important factor. Her APL to WL is much different than mine.

With patience, diligence, and a steady regimen I will get where I need to be in due time.:grin:

In the meantime, off to stalk her Tracey's blog :giggle:

crazydaze911

It took me two years to go from BSL to MBL :lol:; I don't know why. I think I've reached my terminal length personally but I'm still shooting for waist length. It won't happen in 10 months though.

we are in the same boat. its taken me a year to get from armpit to brastrap (and my hair is not even full at that - lol). Im hoping to be midback by end of 2009. maybe i need to start eating more fish....:ohwell:

dlewis

we are in the same boat. its taken me a year to get from armpit to brastrap (and my hair is not even full at that - lol). Im hoping to be midback by end of 2009. maybe i need to start eating more fish....:ohwell:

If I'm seeing things correctly. You are close to MBL now. Like within 2".

Traycee

Hi Ladies...I am a shortie...I do have a long turso and short legs...

The hair length on the top of my head measures 24 inches and the length of my hair from my neck down my back mearsures 18 inches...

Im barely 5ft to 4 '11

My hair does grow an average of about 1 inch or a little shy of that a month...Its been slowing down lately ..I really think Im getting closer to my terminal length....:nono:

My Sister and I out of fun took these same measurements to see how long it would be on her and she is 5'10 and it would put her at MBL....:yep:

MoMo

I think you are MBL. No offense, but your brastrap is awfully low. :grin:

Traycee

THis has really been key in my journey...Even though I only eat fish or tuna no more than 3x a week ...I eat a lot of soy protein ...I have a very high protein diet..And yes I work out 4 to 5x a week ...

Traycee

:lachen::lachen::lachen:I do not moisturize 6 times a day....Hahahaha Right now I moisturize and seal 1x a day..But as the heat comes I will go back to 2x maybe 3 if I take a run in the park...Hahahahah

i honestly think its the amount of times she mousturizes her hair each day cause when you like watch her video she'd be like hi yal this is my 6 time mousturizing my hair today first i put shea butter in it then sprayed it with glycerine in the afternoon then i took it for a walk in the park then sprayed some rose water on it excetra excetraaa shesssssss awsome she inspires the crap out of meeeee

MAMATO

The hair length on the top of my head measures 24 inches and the length of my hair from my neck down my back mearsures 18 inches...

Im barely 5ft to 4 '11

My hair does grow an average of about 1 inch or a little shy of that a month...Its been slowing down lately ..I really think Im getting closer to my terminal length....:nono:

My Sister and I out of fun took these same measurements to see how long it would be on her and she is 5'10 and it would put her at MBL....:yep:

Wow, that is a lot of growth, you are definitely above average Traycee...Great, keep up the good work:yep:

msa

Im barely 5ft to 4 '11

Thanks for coming in Traycee.

And if I ever see you on the streets of Los Angeles I will be calling you out!

msa

What's funny is that I was thinking about her retention on my drive to work this morning. I just thought that Tracey must be super human or something- then doubt started to creep in..."Beans, you will NEVER make it that far..." But this puts everything in perspective. In addition to her solid regimen, height is such an important factor. Her APL to WL is much different than mine.

With patience, diligence, and a steady regimen I will get where I need to be in due time.:grin:

In the meantime, off to stalk her Tracey's blog :giggle:

Exactly.

Everyone should have realistic goals based on their own growth rate, height, diet, and regimen. It's great that person X can go from bald to BSL in a year. But you are different from them. Use their success to inspire you but don't measure your potential or expectations by what they've achieved. It's not fair to you and it will only discourage you.

Mrs.Green

Exactly.

Everyone should have realistic goals based on their own growth rate, height, diet, and regimen. It's great that person X can go from bald to BSL in a year. But you are different from them. Use their success to inspire you but don't measure your potential or expectations by what they've achieved. It's not fair to you and it will only discourage you.

Great advice :yep:. Especially for the newbies that see all the fabulous results and get discouraged because their progress isn't as fast as someone elses.:yep:

Chameleonchick

Im barely 5ft to 4 '11

Wow I would have never guessed. In your pictures I figured you were a tall woman. Well either way you have some long pretty hair.:yep:

luckiestdestiny

THis has really been key in my journey...Even though I only eat fish or tuna no more than 3x a week ...I eat a lot of soy protein ...I have a very high protein diet..And yes I work out 4 to 5x a week ...

Oh. Okay. I was looking at one of your videos that talked about eating fish.
A diet of fish, soy protein, and working out sounds really good! (I can't really do the soy) but I have incorporated high protein (fish/chick/chlorella) into my diet and exercise (though I'm not up to 4-5x I'm more like 3.

You look fabulous Traycee whatever you're doing is WORKING!:yep:

Highly Favored8

Look all I know is that Tracyee has excellent growth and retintion with her hair. She is one of my hair inspriations. They are other women who grew from one lenght to another in 6 months. It is all about how they treat themselves on the inside that will show on the outside. JMHO! Good growth Tracyee. Again Congratulations.

bedazzled

I think Traycees progress is just bananas. I would love to do what Traycee did but I am 5'6 with a long torso and Traycee is like 5'2. WL on her is like MBL on me so I decided to aim for APL to MBL by DEC 09.. meaning it will take me 9 months to get to MBL.. and if I dont make it by then well January will be the 10th month mark. I am trying to pull a Traycee! Wish me luck!

crazydaze911

Im barely 5ft to 4 '11

From ur progress pics - posing in front of that window with the mannequins, i coulda sworn you were like 5 10' - lol.

mxdchiq86

i went from apl to a little past bsl in 8 months.. maybe i'll be wsl in october which would make 10 months... or not lol

Angelicus

Arrrggg! Her hair makes me so sick! I love how she keeps her regimen very simple. We can learn a lot from doing less with our hair. Best wishes to you, Kgard, you can get there too.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I'm nearly 5'6" with a long torso. It took me nearly 2 years just to get from SL to APL. But I notice that getting from APL to BSL seems to be much faster for me. I should be at BSL by the end of the year. In addition to be being a little taller and having a long torso, my hair just seems to grow slower and it's very fine and delicate, so breakage is inevitable for me. :nono:

But I'll get there. I am positive about that...eventually... ;)

Thanks, Traycee!! :kiss:

Xavier

Im barely 5ft to 4 '11

:sneakyhug:Another shortie! I always claim 5' but I am really 4' 11".

I wish I had progress like yours. I joined in 06' and I was a little passed SL. Now am at full BSL and hoping the by the end of this month when I relax I will be at MBL.

I don't use any growth aids but I am really think about it now.