BSL/MBL 2015 Challenge

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
Installed my mini twists and started ghe yesterday and have already gotten multiple comments on how much longer they are than last year (Oct/Nov). Growth lord :clap: and on a whole nutha level when others notice it as well yass. Fell off the past two weeks on my scalp massages was more focused on perfecting and preserving my new love of a wash n go. Hopefully I'm still on the up and up :cycle:.

Also, my Vitamix came in Wednesday :yay:. Have recently started meal prepping and am able to prep my green smoothies 2weeks+ in advance. Easiest most delicious change I've made to my hair and overall health yet.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I ended up washing, doing a rinse and dcing Monday night. I did a purple rinse, but it actually looks more like a plum color. Well I waited too long to detangle and my hair airdried really kinky/tangly. I will rewash today (cowash) and attempt to flatiron my own hair. I am going to look at Sally's for a new flat iron and brush like my stylist uses. I am using the Kerastase Therapiste prepoo and mask to cowash and Chi silk infusion as a heat protectant. When I have some extra cash I want to order some more Nutri Thermique smoothing milk.

ClassyJSP

I went ahead and ordered Nectar Thermique heat protectant online since shipping was free today.

I think I will straighten my own hair every 10-14 days and dust every 3 months. I'm tired of being dependent on stylists. It's getting too expensive :(

Oh I know the feeling just to get my hair shampooed/condition and blown out with just the roots lightly flat ironed cost me $60. I'm not gonna do that every 2 weeks when I can take my time at home and do the same thing with the same if not better products.

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
I was going through old posts and I saw this... How is the weight loss coming along?

It's been a struggle. I could not seem to find a balance between calories eaten and calories expended. Basically, I wasn't eating enough and hit a plateau, then gained the weight back. Then, I just gave up. I purchased a FitBit and it is helping me stay on track. I still have 41 pounds to lose, but I'm currently losing inches.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
It's been a struggle. I could not seem to find a balance between calories eaten and calories expended. Basically, I wasn't eating enough and hit a plateau, then gained the weight back. Then, I just gave up. I purchased a FitBit and it is helping me stay on track. I still have 41 pounds to lose, but I'm currently losing inches.
Those calorie trackers are really helpful. I have a SmartHealth watch and it monitors my heartrate, steps and calories burned daily. I have been at a plateau for about 3 weeks, but it's because I have been eating way too much :(

I have no willpower

bluenvy

I cowashed my hair today. I used Darcy's pumpkin conditioner, was surprised by all the slip it gave. So yes will be using this and buying more.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I used my Kerastase samples last night to wash and dc. First I rinsed and used the Therapiste pretreatment, then I shampood. I used the mask while I showered.

I wrapped my hair in a turban towel for a few minutes to get most of the moisture out. Then I put some Ciment Thermique and chi silk infusion on my hair. I did about 8 sections and one by one I took each section and detangled and straightened with my new wet to dry iron.

My hair looks great and feels so soft. Almost as good as the salon. I wonder how long it will last...

quirkydimples

I've discovered my new favorite cowash conditioner: Suave Humectant

I haven't been wearing my hair down because it's summer and I've been running three times a week. The conditioner is supposed to be like Nexxus. It leaves my hair soft and moisturized and I love the smell.

When I want to make it a deep conditioner, I add some honey and coconut oil after my protein conditioner.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 28

quirkydimples

@Prettymetty I remember those days. I was natural for 5 or 6 years...the longer my hair got, the more time it took and I just couldn't do it anymore. My hair is fine and the care I had to take with it in its natural state (in addition to wearing it the way I like - straight) just wasn't working for my lifestyle.

When I'm doing a wet(ish) bun I put a little of the conditioner in my hand and combine with oil for a leave-in conditioner.

bluenvy

I finger detangled during cowashing section today. It was an accident, I was already in the shower and realized I left the comb in my bedroom.
Worked out fine. I'm back in four braids awaiting an great braid out.

@iLurk I always play with the thing to get it working. It gives me problems every time I post pics.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm looking forward to wash day tomorrow. I want to start by doing a prepoo in sections with Alter Ego and Aloe vera juice. Then I will use those same sections to lightly airdry my hair and flatiron.

ClassyJSP

I haven't really been taking care of my hair like I usually do. I'm over a year into this stretch and I don't think I can do it anymore so I have a relaxer planned for this Sunday. I'll wear my hair out for a week (probably in a bun) and then go back to my normal wig routine.

fifigirl

I haven't really been taking care of my hair like I usually do. I'm over a year into this stretch and I don't think I can do it anymore so I have a relaxer planned for this Sunday. I'll wear my hair out for a week (probably in a bun) and then go back to my normal wig routine.

One year stretch????? Can't wait to see your results!

MzOptimistic

Hiiiiii,

I haven't been on in a minute but I'm still aiming for MB around December 2015. I been snipping at my ends but they are in great shape now so hopefully Dec for me. My regimen is simply: Bun, taking MSM Power, Collagan and Biotin Pills, Wash and DC once a week. HHG

PlainJane

Hiiiiii,

I haven't been on in a minute but I'm still aiming for MB around December 2015. I been snipping at my ends but they are in great shape now so hopefully Dec for me. My regimen is simply: Bun, taking MSM Power, Collagan and Biotin Pills, Wash and DC once a week. HHG
What's your growth rate taking the supplements you mentioned?

Benuontherise

Hey ladies been a bit since last update.

On june 19th I did another texlax post 16 wks relaxer with a mid step protein treatment. This time I used Vitale mild relaxer left on for 5 min. I noticed my hair was nice and strong feeling this time. I did not straighten my hair after so was unable to do a length check. But I plan to continue with my no heat challenge wearing my hair in a wash n go or buns. I noticed simply just wetting my hair and putting castor oil on it keeps it soft and moisturized until my next co wash.

Current regimen I intend to keep until Dec 2015.
Co Wash with Mizani Hydrofuse or Alter Ego Garlic Treatment...plan to try Dermorganics Hair Masque
Weekly Shampoo with Alter Ego Garlic Shampoo
Deep Condition After Shampoo with Mixed Homemade Shea Butter/ Oil Blend (olive/coconut/grapeseed) and Dermorganics Hair Masque
Styles: Buns, Wash n Gos, Flexirod Sets, Twist outs.

Plan to Attempt to have patience and long term transition but never cut relaxed ends off. Don't mind the 2 textures since hair is only texlaxed and not much of a difference.
Oh also continue my Multivitamin and Biotin daily intake, increase water and raw veggies intake. I have noticed a nice growth in last month doing this, might I add I had to cut a good 2in off last month because unfortunately I have a hair drug test that took the sample from the back of my hair in Mid May which left me with uneven length, smh :cry3:. I just cut to make it even. But looks like it has almost grown back!. Ordering length check shirt now, once received will do non-straightened length checks until Dec 2015.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I sprayed my hair with aloe juice then I added safflower oil and Neutrogena silk touch cream (loc method). My hair seemed dry and I didn't know what else to do. I was too tired to wash and dc last night.

Since I got my 8 hours of sleep last night I think I might have the energy to straighten my hair today.

naturalagain2

Still on my second set of crotchet braids (week 7) I plan on taking them out sometime next week. I bought some hair online for a sew-in I plan on letting my hair rest for a day or two after taking out the crotchet and do the sew-in. Trying to get to MBL....