BSL/MBL 2015 Challenge

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I had a little breakage tonight while detangling. I think it's time for a Nexxus Emergencee treatment. Next wash day I will do it and see if it helps. The weird thing is that my hair never breaks when it's dry, but for some reason my wet hair is really fragile :(

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I had a little breakage tonight while detangling. I think it's time for a Nexxus Emergencee treatment. Next wash day I will do it and see if it helps. The weird thing is that my hair never breaks when it's dry, but for some reason my wet hair is really fragile :(

My hair is the same way.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

fifigirl

Full BSL is an Inch or 1.5 inches away, MBL is about 3 inches......I need my hair to grow!!! Its so slow these days.
Got fed up with my weave and took it down dy before yesterday. I only had it on for 3 weeks but my roots had started dreading up. My hair too kinky curly. I have some growth but its not decent enough. I'm about 11 weeks post relaxer at the moment. Loving and pampering my hair at the moment. i had a lot of shed hair but that never bothers me much as my hair is thick. There was some breakage and i am hoping it doesn't affect my length. I am thinking of relaxing hair after my Inversions end by next week

Heres my hair last night after i had it blow dried on cool setting

no clue why my pic is upside down and I'm not that great with computers so don't know how to correct that

Attachments

• hair 11 Weeks Post relaxer.jpg
    hair 11 Weeks Post relaxer.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I was on top of my protein until the Dominicans told me to stop, because it made my hair tangle. I should've listened to my gut. I never have problems detangling my hair especially after a protein like Nexxus Emergencee.

bluenvy

Before I load a pic, I edit it from my photo album by rotating the pic all the way around. Somehow this allows my pics to load in its upright position.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I sprayed my hair with Chi Keratin Mist to give my hair a small dose of protein until next wash day. Aphogee Green tea Keratin is a lot stronger than Chi Keratin. I should've stuck with that.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm down to my last 3 hair vitamins and my new bottle hasn't arrived yet. Hopefully it comes today or tomorrow :sad:

FollicleFanatic

Noticed a little bit of breakage so I'm DCing with SM JBCO masque right now. This must be nipped in the bud now before it gets out of hand. My ends must be perfection!

Benuontherise

Still waiting on my vitamins, but my Kerastase hair products are here.

What kerastase products did you order? I'm going to try Salerm products soon. And I decided to go ahead with my transition to natural. ..my hair is just to thin looking. ..I miss my texture and body in my hair. Pinky promise! Lol. Also I will post my before and after pics of my inversion method on wed when my 7 days are up. Imma try to do it every month for 6 months until my b day.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Benuontherise I ordered the Chroma Riche mask and they gave me 2 free shampoos: Elixir ultime and Chroma Rich bain. I also got a sample of the Elixir Ultime prepoo oil, Ciment Thermique leave in and Nectar Thermique leave in. Last week I bought the Oleo Relax mask for frizzy hair.

I'm going to gradually switch over to all Kerastase products. Yeah the products are pricy, but I work hard and I deserve it. I'm sure my hair will look and feel much better with continued use.

fifigirl

i have 3 months NG thats driving me mad and i was almost losing my head regarding how to take care of my damned hair. i almost threw in the towel to relax my hair but then i remembered reading a blogpost by hairbible a very long time ago and she was practicing an adaptation of the curly girl method. I did a co-rinse which entails poring water over your hair, applying conditioner (i used aussie moist 3 mins) for some minutes and then rinsing it off. i applied some conditioner as leave in and sealed with castor oil. Packed it into a bun and used a satin scarf over night to lay my edges. My hair is so happy and soft. Going to try this method from now on till the end of my stretch. I have thick curly kinky hair so anything that can make my hair happy is a keeper! Maybe i can stretch for 6 months on this.....lol....if wishes were horses...i will try

fifigirl

Prettymetty i have a few kerastase products and they are awesome for my hair. Problem is here in Nigeria, the price is pretty steep for my pockets. so i buy them as a treat.......been sticking to my inversions, even when I'm exhausted so i am feeling proud of myself. Today is my last day...yay!!!

FollicleFanatic

Returned to something that worked for me last winter: daily scalp oiling. My scalp was doing great and my growth was good even in winter. I think I stopped bc my hair was so oily and left a print on my couches like in Coming to America. Whatev I'll just put a towel down first lol.

2 days ago I picked up a huge bottle of oil consisting of safflower, avocado and coconut oil :lick: so its bout to be on and poppin son!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I was supposed to wash my hair this morning, but dh refused to get out of bed to help me with the kids... I ended up spending my morning with my 1 and 2 year old. I guess I can wash later this afternoon. That's if he ever wakes up :sleep:

Benuontherise

Benuontherise I ordered the Chroma Riche mask and they gave me 2 free shampoos: Elixir ultime and Chroma Rich bain. I also got a sample of the Elixir Ultime prepoo oil, Ciment Thermique leave in and Nectar Thermique leave in. Last week I bought the Oleo Relax mask for frizzy hair.

I'm going to gradually switch over to all Kerastase products. Yeah the products are pricy, but I work hard and I deserve it. I'm sure my hair will look and feel much better with continued use.

Ok I will appreciate a review, I never heard of this product line.:blush:

i have 3 months NG thats driving me mad and i was almost losing my head regarding how to take care of my damned hair. i almost threw in the towel to relax my hair but then i remembered reading a blogpost by hairbible a very long time ago and she was practicing an adaptation of the curly girl method. I did a co-rinse which entails poring water over your hair, applying conditioner (i used aussie moist 3 mins) for some minutes and then rinsing it off. i applied some conditioner as leave in and sealed with castor oil. Packed it into a bun and used a satin scarf over night to lay my edges. My hair is so happy and soft. Going to try this method from now on till the end of my stretch. I have thick curly kinky hair so anything that can make my hair happy is a keeper! Maybe i can stretch for 6 months on this.....lol....if wishes were horses...i will try

Yes, a cowash with a bun is definitely a go! I do them practically every week and wear my hair mostly in buns and its great. I stretched 5 1/2 months without thinking twice. I think imma be doing buns practically for the next year stretching my hair since I probably wont be texlaxing again. I did my first own roller set mostly air dried (I was under soft bonnet dryer until my bro called) which I liked for stretching hair before putting in bun. I just did a touch up but my hair is barely a loosened curl. After the first year I will add in twist outs and braid outs. :yep:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Benuontherise the shampoo (Chroma Riche bain) has a sweet, light scent and a gentle lather. It cleanses my hair without stripping it.

The mask has a very nice scent that lingers after rinsing. Kinda perfumey... The mask is thick, but it easily melts into my strands and instantly my hair is soft and hydrated. This line is for color treated hair so it makes my hair shine. I never use more than a quarter sized amount, because it is a very concentrated treatment.

Last edited:

Anaisin

Oh yeah, it's March. I know my hair is still the same length as it was in my November starting pic lol. I'll post my update on the 31st.

Anaisin

I wish I hadn't used the last of my fave dc, could've saved it for the end of the month when I blow dry my hair for the length check. If only she would open back up....

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm going to do my quarterly update at the end of the month. :yay: Since my hair won't be straight I will just do a damp pull test.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I applied my growth mix to my scalp today. I hope it's doing some good. I have gained an inch since the beginning of the year. 1 inch in 9 weeks may not seem like a lot to some of you, but that's much faster than my growth rate last year. I got 3 inches last year. That is about 1/4 inch per month. I am getting almost double that with mn and biotin :yay: