BSL 2013 Challenge

I am still wigging, last time I kept my cornrows in for 3 weeks, when I took them down my hair was soft and no issue at all. I did a LC on 1st of November and I was between mark 4 and 5. Mark 5 is BSb and 8 Mbl.
I left my hair out for about 10 days ( too much manipulation) and I am back in cornrows and this time will push to 4-6weeks.
My next LC will be end of December hopefully I will reach my goal of BSB.

Ugh! My hair is in bad shape. I need to change my routine up. Sometimes I wish my hair didn't need to be babied because I have been neglecting it and now need another trim. I just grew pass APL. I don't want to be stuck here forever!
So... I am pre-conditioning my hair with neem and camomile oil (my scalp is beyond dry right now) and I am going to cowash for once.

daae have you ever tried texlaxing?

I heard henna loosens them in some people...but it can make hair super duper dry so you need a moisturizing dc afterward.

Froreal3

I don't really want to texlax

i would have to find someone who even knows what that is. Most salon people around here will want to make my hair straight..and i don't trust myself to do it properly.

I ve heard things about henna but its wayy too messy...doesn't work for everyone too
I'd probably be the small percentage of people it does not work for lol

I'm not too fussed about it, based on other people's uses of the clay i thought my hair would be looser oh well. Maybe next time ill make the mixture 4.0
My pH strips haven't arrived yet.

5 weeks in these crochet kinky twists as of this weekend! Take out will be 11/22 and I cannot wait! I want to get a flat twist updo and keep in for 2 more weeks. So that will be 8 weeks without checking my hair length. Maybe, just maybe I will be BSL then and that will be my ending pic for this challenge AND starting pic for next challenge.

5 weeks in these crochet kinky twists as of this weekend! Take out will be 11/22 and I cannot wait! I want to get a flat twist updo and keep in for 2 more weeks. So that will be 8 weeks without checking my hair length. Maybe, just maybe I will be BSL then and that will be my ending pic for this challenge AND starting pic for next challenge.

I'm trying to get my hair braided up as well. It just seems a lot easier to maintain and it makes it easier for me not to look at or touch my hair. Oh and not to mention the surprise growth you get that you weren't expecting lol!!

I really am thinking about going to the Africans to get my hair braided....this 15 week post relaxed head is driving me crazy. NG is super thick, tangles are coming like crazy, and I'm cowashing like every other day so I'm sure I'm over manipulating and I don't wanna suffer. I hope I'm able to keep my hair at bay until I make an appointment.

Got flat twists under this sew in that I've had for a week now. Going to do a mini "wash" of my hair underneath and basically just make sure my hair is still moisturized. Not sure how often I should be doing things to my hair while it's underneath this weave. But I'm hoping every 2-3 days should be good. Maybe less since it's not really exposed so it's not losing much. Hope this can give my hair the rest to make it to BSL before the end of the year

I was good yesterday and did my dry DC and then washed my hair this morning. I was almost lazy because I didn't get home until late, but I did it.

Hey ladies! I so failed at this challenge this year =\... I just cut my ends a week ago and I'm still at APL... I think I've been doing to much with Having a baby, starting an online business and transitioning to natural... My hair is growing but I HATE to have long thin hair so I keep my ends trimmed, it makes me less neurotic about how my hair looks lol... I'll be joining the 2014 BSL/mlb challenge CONGRATS to all the ladies who have made their goal

image-290736336.jpg

After my nov 9 wash, set and trim =)

just finished my hair. took down crochets... washed, conditionned, i will flat iron tomorrow. and maybe trim AGAIN.... i did so today but my hair is thining like crazy!

I cowashed last night with VO5 Shea Cashmere. Tried it for the first time last night and I really like it. That and Passion fruit smoothie is my favorite V05 conditioner so far. Putting heavy oils on my hair after washing and using tea as a final rinse has been really good for my hair so far. Haven't had to use much product after either since heavily oiling my hair, just a little hair dew leave in and MD Apricot Butter and I'm good to go.

I am gonna have to get a length check shirt. That will make this easier. The blue one is the starting point. The white one is folded @ the bra strap. Doesn't look like anything has changed. It's tough for me 2 take these pics w/o Dh help :)

Ok maybe the 3rd time will work. The app is crashing when I try to attach my photos from today. I totally forgot about the summer length check.

ForumRunner_20131119_155522.jpg

ForumRunner_20131119_155555.jpg

Eta - I don't feel as if I am making too much progress, but I am just gonna keep on and I will be back by the end of Dec.:yep:
Sent from my SCH-I535 using LHCF, so please be so kind as to ignore any typos that may slip through. ;-)

Last edited:
I know I'm supposed to think positive thoughts...I know I am...but my fine hair will always give me see through ends I think. I kind of want to just chop it off at shoulder length to make it look thicker. But I REALLY want to see how long & healthy my hair can grow. Eeek! I think clip ins will be my BFF when I want to wear my hair down.

I know I'm supposed to think positive thoughts...I know I am...but my fine hair will always give me see through ends I think. I kind of want to just chop it off at shoulder length to make it look thicker. But I REALLY want to see how long & healthy my hair can grow. Eeek! I think clip ins will be my BFF when I want to wear my hair down.
These words were taken directly from my mouth. I understand what you're feeling, try to hang in there. I just started texlaxing recently to see if I can grow hair without see through ends but now I'm getting tired of my rough textured texlaxed hair. When it's flat ironed its great but I usually don't use direct heat. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:
KiWiStyle it took me at least a year before I fully embraced my texlaxed hair. I constantly entertained thoughts of going back to bonelaxing. Hang in there- you will probably end up loving it especially once your texlaxed hair makes up about 50% of your length. Then you'll be dying to chop the straight part off.

KiWiStyle it took me at least a year before I fully embraced my texlaxed hair. I constantly entertained thoughts of going back to bonelaxing. Hang in there- you will probably end up loving it especially once your texlaxed hair makes up about 50% of your length. Then you'll be dying to chop the straight part off.

Thanks, I needed to hear this! Hopefully I can last at least a year.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Back