BrwnSkinBeauty is on YouTube!

bride91501

Do you guys really feel like her hair grows *extra* fast? To me, that seems like an acceptable amount of growth for someone aiming to grow their hair out in a little over 4 years.

What do you guys think? *trying to not have my hopes dashed*

Amcd

Do you guys really feel like her hair grows *extra* fast? To me, that seems like an acceptable amount of growth for someone aiming to grow their hair out in a little over 4 years.

Yes I do think her hair grows extra fast, but looking at your pictures I think yours does also!

winnettag

Lol, not *extra* fast. It looks like either:
A) slighty faster growth than average w/ trims, or
B) average growth w/o trims

mEmYSELFaNDj

OMG thanks for posting this. I love her hair. I need tips on doing twists because mine definitely dont turn out like that.

HennaRo

I have her on my FB and I screamed out loud when she posted the new hair pic. Smh It's going to be interesting to see what she does with it.

mscurly

Thanks for posting this OP!

I remember her interview on curlynikki. Her hair is AMAZE (Kim Kardashian voice)

I wish I could get that thick fullness. I'm definately subbing to her channel

Freespirit02

That's why I said what I said. Her hair is from another planet...so I will just admire and not try to even get those results.

Shananyganz

wow! it's crazy that even with that shaved side her hair still looks so big!

My thoughts exactly... let me shave the side of my head.... :look: Trust me..I wouldn't be fooling anybody with my feeble comb over.

I think my mouth was hanging open the entire video...GAWJUS hair!!

~S~

loulou82

Four years of growth at 5-6 inches retained a year would be 20-24 inches total which would be WL and beyond. Her hair is incredibly thick though so that length looks even more impressive. She has enough density for two people. :yep:

LovelyNaps26

:drool: her hair is the bizness. shoot, if i could shave the side of my head and have enough hair to cover it when i wanted to....

naw, i still wouldn't shave it :lol: still her hair is FAB

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!

Huh? She never really BCed her hair like a one-guard like I did. She had a substantial amount of new growth to boost her progress. This does not seem "extra fast," to me at all.

theAlist

I agree. When she started her transition her relaxed hair was already past shoulder length. Then she transitioned for 2 years, before she cut the last bit of relaxed ends off. The growth seems about right to me.

GaiasDaughter24

YAY!! I always stalked her fotki whenever it was posted here. Then I'd forget her name and not fav the page. I've already subscribed to her channel. She and her hair are gorgeous!!! I even love the one side shaved.

nappystorm

She's from my hometown and she's ALWAYS had a massive amount of hair. I always thought she was natural though. Her mother is a sweet lady. She has gorgeous hair too.:yep:

ETA: I just caught the end. I love the side shaved look!!

Last edited:

bride91501

Huh? She never really BCed her hair like a one-guard like I did. She had a substantial amount of new growth to boost her progress. This does not seem "extra fast," to me at all.

Yeah that's what I thought too. My question was really in response to SDN's comment about her fast hair growth. She was already 2 years post relaxer when she BC'd, plus another 2 years betwen now and then, so it looks like her retention is on point. I also agree that her thickness makes her growth even more impressive.

CurlyMoo

I was loving it until she shaved her head. I couldn't stop the gasp, kind of disappointed. Sort of felt like a cheerleader at the top of the human pyramid and then all of a sudden the people underneath you disappear and you find youreself falling to the pavement. I really don't understand that trend. at. all. I had wondered why she had two dislikes to the video until I found myself fighting the urge to give her a thumbs down myself. :lol::spinning: Her hair is beautiful nonetheless.

kblc06

I've been in love with her hair since her transition. And I do believe her hair grows pretty darn fast. BrwnSkinBeauty is nearly 6'0 tall and her hair is already past WL.

CurlyMoo

I've been in love with her hair since her transition. And I do believe her hair grows pretty darn fast. BrwnSkinBeauty is nearly 6'0 tall and her hair is already past WL.

So her being 6'0 tall means that her waistlength would be hip length on me? :drunk: This makes me want to co-wash right now!

OrangeMoon

Makes me so want to transition. Going home to watch and learn how to french braid tutorial and if that doesn't work I'm going to find someone who can french braid my hair into a bun :)

Nayna

Unbothered
That thickness, I love it. Because of her I do overnight dc'ing with Aubrey Organics GPB (I read it in her fotki). She's so pretty too, I like her style.

KurleeK5

Four years of growth at 5-6 inches retained a year would be 20-24 inches total which would be WL and beyond. Her hair is incredibly thick though so that length looks even more impressive. She has enough density for two people. :yep:

is that WL? my hair is loger than that and DEF not WL or even BSB....

Her hair is crazy beautiful tho...does anyone have al ink to her fotki??? :spinning:

princessnad

is that WL? my hair is loger than that and DEF not WL or even BSB....

Her hair is crazy beautiful tho...does anyone have al ink to her fotki??? :spinning:
Are you measuring from your hairline to the tip? If so, it may make it seem longer. If you measure an individual strand, 24 inches would be WL + on most people.

I think Chime's density makes her length look even more impressive.

loulou82

@ princessnad

Yup. That's what I was referring to. If the strands of hair were measured individually (root to tip), most would be WL or at least the hair at the nape would be if it were 20-24 inches long. Shoot my nape hair only has to measure 18 and I'd be WL.