Breakage?

ComfortablyNumb

Okay, when my hair is bone straight I have these itty bitty hairs that stick up that are hardly even noticeable. A friend of mine told me that that is because my hair has broken in those places. But I have a question for anyone who knows more than I do about the hair cycle (which is probably anybody). After your hair sheds and starts to grow back, won't the little hairs growing back be shorter than the rest of your hair and still be perfectly healthy? I was wondering because if my shedding didn't grow back I would be bald right now and there is no way my hair that comes back is magically the same length as the rest of my hair.

Armyqt

You are absolutely right. More than likely, those short hairs are your new hairs growing in. I noticed the same thing about a month after adding PP biotin to my regime.

godzooki

me too. I had lots of little hairs and I was like, ok, I know I'm not having that much breakage!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
ComfortablyNumb said:
Okay, when my hair is bone straight I have these itty bitty hairs that stick up that are hardly even noticeable. A friend of mine told me that that is because my hair has broken in those places. But I have a question for anyone who knows more than I do about the hair cycle (which is probably anybody). After your hair sheds and starts to grow back, won't the little hairs growing back be shorter than the rest of your hair and still be perfectly healthy? I was wondering because if my shedding didn't grow back I would be bald right now and there is no way my hair that comes back is magically the same length as the rest of my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what, I was wondering the same thing a little while ago, and when I asked someone they told me this:
"You'll find out in about 4-6 months if it is new growth or breakage"......Meaning that you'll notice if it has grown, or has gotten shorter(because it kept breaking)