What do you do about Pony Tail Breakage?

Chevelure618

I am pushing slowly toward BSL, but in examining sections of my hair, I see that there is a half-dollar sized section dead center back that is about 4 inches shorter than the rest of my hair.

I am disappointed because I know for my hair to look long in the back the back hair has to be the longest. My nape hairs are the longest, but in order for it to look thick and not layered I need all of the back to be the same length.

Any recommendations?

Shoediva

are you a heavy heat user? do you know what caused the breakage? how do you wear your hair mostly?

I would incorporated baggying ponytail at night to keep ends moisturized.

Chevelure618

When I said ponytail breakage I meant not the length of the ponytail itself, but the section of hair where you would secure your ponytail.

I don't use heat often, mostly airdry, but I have been bad and done it twice in the last month for length checks.

I try not to do ponytails since I know this is a common problem. I try and do French twists, but I'm not sure how to relieve the tension in this central part of the head. Braid outs?

flowinlocks

This happenned to me when I was trying to stretch and wear tight buns. What I thought was shrinkage was actually breakage.:nono: I'm recovering pretty well. Extra protein and dcing in that area def. helped. I don't know if you use growth aids or not but it may help give an extra boost the area that needs to catch up.

I also use large butterfly clips to pin my hair up now instead of bunning everday.

I have some like this also.

Natirelle

I notice breakage after the use of protein whether my hair is wet or dry (styled), have you used protein or think it protein sensitive?