Breakage and Weaving

SmilesNDimples

Hello all:) , I am a newbie to this forum, and I really need some help from you guys. I have horrible shedding and some breakage:( :mad: :( . I recently relaxed my hair after a nine week strecth and I am wondering if I should do a sew-in weave to keep my hair "tied-up":ohwell: . I recently purchased some aphogee products, and I have some Silicon Mix to help take care of the breakage, will a weave disturb the purpose of the aphogee and other breakage defense products:confused: ?

Jas123

The Star of a Story
SmilesNDimples said:
Hello all:) , I am a newbie to this forum, and I really need some help from you guys. I have horrible shedding and some breakage:( :mad: :( . I recently relaxed my hair after a nine week strecth and I am wondering if I should do a sew-in weave to keep my hair "tied-up":ohwell: . I recently purchased some aphogee products, and I have some Silicon Mix to help take care of the breakage, will a weave disturb the purpose of the aphogee and other breakage defense products:confused: ?
Weaves on top of breaking hair seems like a bad combo:look: ..JMHO..you should try some of your Aphogee products to help with the breaking and then try protective styles like bunning or french twist if you're looking to give your hair a break. HTH

SmilesNDimples

Jas123 said:
Weaves on top of breaking hair seems like a bad combo:look: ..JMHO..you should try some of your Aphogee products to help with the breaking and then try protective styles like bunning or french twist if you're looking to give your hair a break. HTH
Thank you for you opinion.

TowsonGirl

Actually, weaves and breaking hair seem like a good combo to me. Cuz with weaves, your hair is basically in a protective style (cornrows) and your hair is not being manipulated or subjected to harsh conditions.

My hair was breaking and weaves gave my hair the much needed rest it deserved. So I could look cute and protect my hair at the same time :D

RubyWoo

TowsonGirl said:
Actually, weaves and breaking hair seem like a good combo to me. Cuz with weaves, your hair is basically in a protective style (cornrows) and your hair is not being manipulated or subjected to harsh conditions.

Agreed. The aphogee should stop your breakage. To follow up, I don't see getting a sew-in weave as a problem as your hair will be completely protected. You won't be maniuplating your hair at all since your hair will be completely at rest. With bunning or related styles, there is still daily manipulation required and you risk additional breakage. As long as you maintain your weave by washing and deep conditioning regularly, you should be fine.

Another alternative is the cornrow your hair and just get a quick weave/half wig since your hair will still be completely protected but you'll have complete access to your hair to wash and condition regularly. It will eliminate the potential stress/tension that a sew-in weave can have on your real hair.