Best quality human hair for braids - HELP!!!

sisteract08

New memeber here trying to begin my journey back to natural. Doing braids as first step in transition phase. Next week I am getting braids for the first time in 12 years, and I am very nervous. Currently I use EP relaxed texture for all of my weave installs and love it. I would like to maintain the good quality of hair for my braids - at hopefully some savings :)

Any recommendations on human hair brands or websites. I am getting small sized braids (not micro), and want wet and wavy hair.

Done some searching and found a lot of recommends on synthetic hair but not human. Any recommendations??

Thanks LHCF!!!

cmw45

Hmmm...are you dead set on human hair? Are you doing C&G or coming up with a plan as you go along? Have you checked out BHM?

sisteract08

Modified C&G. Thinking a couple of rounds of braids for the rest of summer, then back to weaves. I have attempted the transition before but I usually weaken at the 6-8 month mark..... so who knows. Ultimately APL is the short term goal. (whether natural or relaxed).

The reason I am thinking human hair is I cant deal with tangling that usually happens with synthetic and I want the flexibility of wearing it both straight and curly. I think human hair will give me the best result and will look the best...am I wrong?

Nonie

I'm a partial to hisandher.com. I've heard that there are people that don't like their hair but I've worn the same hair from them before for two years straight and it still looked good. I don't even go for their fancy "mink" hair. I go for the regular and it serves me well.

But TBH, the only time I go to them is when the BSS hair isn't long enough. I've never had any problem using BSS hair.

This is Beverly Johnson's Wet N Wavy from a local BSS:

Braid-out on the same BSS hair:

Curling iron results on the same BSS hair:

This is HisandHer.com Water Wave:

cmw45

Modified C&G. Thinking a couple of rounds of braids for the rest of summer, then back to weaves. I have attempted the transition before but I usually weaken at the 6-8 month mark..... so who knows. Ultimately APL is the short term goal. (whether natural or relaxed).

The reason I am thinking human hair is I cant deal with tangling that usually happens with synthetic and I want the flexibility of wearing it both straight and curly. I think human hair will give me the best result and will look the best...am I wrong?

If you like to style your hair and are looking for flexibility then I think that human hair might be the best choice. When I was trying to grow out my TWA (and even now) I prefer longevity and neatness over the ability to style my hair; this is because of an active physical lifestyle. Then again, I don't usually leave that much of my ends out and favor kinky twist. In my expeirence if you are cowashing/washing a lot, synthetic hair usually looks better longer. But Nonie has some good suggestions and she is a braid Queen so I think you'd do very well to heed some of her suggestions.