Braids and matting...HELP!

Trea

Hi...I will be taking my sengelese twists down on Friday and needed some help from you guys concerning 'MATTING'...Are there any suggestions? Have you ever had braids or twists and your hair matted after you wet your hair? If so, how did you handle it? Should I just let conditioner sit in my hair(braid) as I take the braid out? :ohwell: I need help ladies :) Thanks in advance...

I would suggest getting some braid removal spray and drench your hair with it as you take the braids out. That will help with some of the buildup.

Also make sure to comb your hair and do an ACV rinse or use some other kind of clarifier to remove the buildup. Do this BEFORE shampooing so your hair doesn't mat up.

Last edited:

Diane71

I never had any problem with matting with my braids during or after. I wash my braids every 3 days, apply a leave-in and let air dry. Leaving your braids in too long could cause matting, that's why I leave mine in for 2-3 weeks max and re-do them for another 3 weeks and so on. Sorry about your problem, hope everything works out.

Hair goal: 5 inches past brastrap by Dec. 2005
http://public.fotki.com/Diane71

pw: diva

shunemite

I always had matting, I know how you feel! I was the one with braids in my hair for like 4 months, lol. I cosign with CandiceC about drenching with detangling spray. I had to use a toothpick to take mine down because a comb wouldn't do it. I detangled each hair strand by strand. Most importantly, give yourself a lot of TIME. It's painstakingly slow. I'm talkin' anywhere from a day to 2 days. Speeding up is what causes you to lose a lot of hair.