Braidouts - How do you SLEEP?

Faith

Hey Ladies,

I am looking to try braidouts but I know one of my issues will be how it looks after it has been slept on. How do you all sleep on your braidouts? Do you rebraid to sleep or just leave it alone? What do you use to make it presentable the next day?
Would Fantasia IC gel to good to get some wave definition?

Bigghair

Usually I can put it in a few buns or ponytail and put on my scarf. In the morning I just fluff with my fingers and go.

yuriko

I just put on a satin bonnet and go to sleep, after 3 days though I have to dampen and rebraid

~NanCeBoTwin~

I tie on my scarf or just use my bonnet...in the morning I fluff, moisturize and seal...but regardless of anything I've tried I can't get them to last longer then a couple of days...However I just did my first twist out and 3 days later its still good.....I'm going to redo just b/c tomorrow's easter but if it wasn't I'd leave them alone.....HTH

Faith

Thanks ladies. I'll try rebraiding at night. I have a feeling I will still need to redo it every 3 days or so.

cookie1

My first braid out wasn't so hot and lasted about 2 days. I decided to retry this and it turned out really nice with sealing w/ castor oil. I just rebraided it before bed and it was okay for 3 days. :yawn:

I redid my braid out using Cholesterol Shea Butter Plus as a leave-in + sealed w/ castor oil and my curls/ waves are so luscious and I didn't rebraid last night and woke up and they still looked good. So maybe playing around w/ different products will help. :yep:

alanaj

I tie it up very loosely with a satin scarf. Then in the morning I spray a good bit of leave-in (Olive oil detangler by soft n pretty) in it and fluff it up. I usually get 3 day hair out of doing this but it defo cannot handle a 4th day.
I also think day 2 hair looks better than day 1

CORBINS

When I use Fantasia IC Gel I can go 2 or 3 days without rebraiding.

If I'm not in the mood, I just put on a bonnet and fluff with a light oil in the morning. I also try separating the strands a bit more.

prospurr4

With my head upside down and hair falling forward, I cover my hair with an extra-large satin bonnet...this buys me an extra day with my twistouts. On the third day until it's time to wash, I wear twistout updos.

CenteredGirl

Braid loosely in sections, pin up on the left side ofmy head because I sleep on the right. Remoisten and rebraid after 3 days.

Desarae

I sleep in a bonnet and kinda sweep the sides behind my ears so the sides don't get smashed, and If they do, my style becomes a braidout with pinned up sides. (Mohawk)

Faith

Thanks ladies :)

Well I tried them again and it was a BUST. I can't seem to get them right.
I may have it with IC gel, I thought I could do it without the gel but it seems that is out of the question.