Braidouts/Cornrows...do you braid UNDER or OVER?

simplyhair

I had saw a few vids this week on braidouts and everyone braids under. Their results were really nice. So, since mine never turn out great, I assumed it's because I braid over.

After checking out tickin4gold's video, I notice that she braids over and her results are really beautiful as well.

Now, I'm really confused. What could be wrong with my technique? I try it on wet or dry and it just does not look "fabulous" like everyone elses. It seems like my waves are barely there...especially if I do individual plaits. However, my bantu knots are on point...just not braid outs.

I wanted to get a feel of what others do (over or under technique) before I attempt tickin4gold's scarf method.

When I braid my hair (to wear under a wig), I braid under because I don't know how to braid over. However when I do someone else's hair, I braid over.

Have you ever tried a 2-strand flat twist out? That might be easier and better. I have a youtube video where I did my sister's hair (she's transitioning from relaxed). It turned out really good and the waves were really defined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSHyaFQV3Uk

This is the only video I've ever done, but I will have more soon....

Back