Blown away by progress!

Thank you hair love. A donut ponytail is when your hair is in a ponytail, but you wrap the hair around a scrunchie to make a donut shape and then put another scrunchie around the donut shape to cover the ends.

Sweetpea has a picture in her aviator (sp?) of what I call the donut ponytail.

I use a jilbere flatiron on settings in between 11-15.

Just beautiful, thanks for posting to keep us all on the positive track.
clap.gif

congrats on your success Ske! I'm new to the forum and am DIGGING all the great information from the ladies! I'm working on letting my hair grow, just bought some Hair, Skin & Nail vitamins so I'm hoping they'll help me out. I was wondering, what exactly did you do to get that "wet look" in your pictures? My hairdresser told me that for my hair to grow I really need to keep heat off of it (duh!), so I need to start experimenting with different styles. My hair is currently VERY layered --- I've had it cut REALLY short in the past, shaved in the back even, but it's grown out nicely in the back, it's just at the base of my neck, but the sides and top are a little shorter, so curly styles seem like a good idea for me. Any advice?
newbie.gif

To get the "wet look" (I'm guessing you mean the wet hair pictures) I use a denman brush (OT, everytime I say denman I can't help but smile for some reason) Pantene Relaxed and Natural Conditioner, and Sauve coconut conditioner and I leave it in. I then put gel on my hair. I only do this on the outside of my hair because I don't feel like parting it. I don't keep it out though because once the inside dries, it puffs out. So I usually put it in a ponytail or a claw clip. I'm not going to wear my natural hair down until it's past shoulderlength unstraightened. If I wear it unstraightened I have it in a ponytail much like if I straighten it. I forgot to add I use a hair scarf to flatten my edges for about 15 minutes.

Hey Skegeesmb thanks for the shout! You and Supergirl have really inspired me to keep my hair up. I often do a similar version of your donut ponytail. After hair is in a ponytail, make a big 2-strand twist with all the hair, then roll it under, spread it out and secure all around with hair pins. Sometimes I'll add a dressy scrunchie or ribbon around it.

You haven't had your ends trimmed since Nov?? They look great! Last trim was in June but I'm trying to wait until December. But already ends are looking scary in some places...

wave.gif

Back