• Lack of Growth
  • Hair Breakage
  • Hair Loss
  • Chemical Damage
  • Thermal Damage
  • Flaky, Itchy Scalp
  • Manageability
Solutions

• If you are experiencing dry brittle hair, you should have moisture- therapy. You can do it by yourself as well by applying any good moisturizer matching your hair type.
  • Hairdressing and pomades are the best solution if you are having lack of sheen problems with your black hair.
  • Split ends are the signs that you are not effectively conditioning your hair. You should pay attention to that.
  • If you feel you hair is lacking growth, conditioner and moisturizer should be used.
  • Detangling shampoo is the answer for your hair breakage.
  • Strengthening and conditioning your hair by the regular use of hair oils and other products containing essential vitamins will help you minimize hair loss.
  • If you got your hair relaxed and are now experiencing chemical damage, the next time you decide to relax your hair, you should opt for any of the natural ways available for hair relaxing.
  • Heat styling foam can cause your hair thermal damage. You should use alcohol free styling foam for your hair.
  • Hair oils and shampoos matching your hair type are the solutions for flaky, itchy scalp.
  • Manageability can be achieved through gels and wrap lotions.

msa

what are natural available ways of hair relaxing......

Sour cream and lemons. It seems like people have the most success with this or with yogurt treatments.

Coconut and lime has gotten some good results too but it also didn't work for a lot of people.

I found that baking soda rinses elongate my curls and I only use it as shampoo for my scalp and I use a small amount.

You can search those on the board...or check naturalgurl's fotki. She does sour cream and lemons I think and it's working well for her.

None of these will make your hair straight like a relaxer but they should help stretch out your hair some and make detangling a little easier.

Also, the caramel treatment is great for intense moisture, which will also help your hair to be more manageable.

TrendySocialite

Just sharing my .02, but I would advise that people (especially newbies) be careful of this O.P.

I think he/she/it is selling something. I've rarely seen the O.P. post responses to the threads he/she/it creates. And the link in the siggy is selling something.

Platinum

Common Black Hair Problems:
  • Dry Brittle Hair
  • Lack of Sheen
  • Split Ends
  • Lack of Growth
  • Hair Breakage
  • Hair Loss
  • Chemical Damage
  • Thermal Damage
  • Flaky, Itchy Scalp
  • Manageability
Solutions

• If you are experiencing dry brittle hair, you should have moisture- therapy. You can do it by yourself as well by applying any good moisturizer matching your hair type.
  • Hairdressing and pomades are the best solution if you are having lack of sheen problems with your black hair.
  • Split ends are the signs that you are not effectively conditioning your hair. You should pay attention to that.
  • If you feel you hair is lacking growth, conditioner and moisturizer should be used.
  • Strengthening and conditioning your hair by the regular use of hair oils and other products containing essential vitamins will help you minimize hair loss.
  • If you got your hair relaxed and are now experiencing chemical damage, the next time you decide to relax your hair, you should opt for any of the natural ways available for hair relaxing.
  • Heat styling foam can cause your hair thermal damage. You should use alcohol free styling foam for your hair.
  • Hair oils and shampoos matching your hair type are the solutions for flaky, itchy scalp.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: So you're suggesting "grease"? That's a very unpopular product on this board.

ITA with Arr1216, I think threads posted by this OP offering tips are started to provide a link to their product.

lp318lp

I saw the grease part of this thread and jumped back! I'm a graduating NEWBIE and can still see a problem with the pomades and grease thing... :perplexed

me~:rolleyes:

Tamrin

unapologetic
:rolleyes: Manageability can be achieved through gels and wrap lotions

ARE YOU SERIOUS? WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME U WERE ABLE TO RUN YOUR FINGERS THRU GEL?

People need to stop coming on her and try giving advice. The OP has no clue and is just posting random stuff. They are selling something.

Newbies beware.

that_1_grrrl

Common Black Hair Problems:
  • Dry Brittle Hair
  • Lack of Sheen
  • Split Ends
  • Lack of Growth
  • Hair Breakage
  • Hair Loss
  • Chemical Damage
  • Thermal Damage
  • Flaky, Itchy Scalp
  • Manageability
Solutions

LMAO, I love how most of the advice is vague, and the advice that isn't vague is really bad.

loved

Sour cream and lemons. It seems like people have the most success with this or with yogurt treatments.

Coconut and lime has gotten some good results too but it also didn't work for a lot of people.

I found that baking soda rinses elongate my curls and I only use it as shampoo for my scalp and I use a small amount.

You can search those on the board...or check naturalgurl's fotki. She does sour cream and lemons I think and it's working well for her.

None of these will make your hair straight like a relaxer but they should help stretch out your hair some and make detangling a little easier.

Also, the caramel treatment is great for intense moisture, which will also help your hair to be more manageable.

Is it safe to use these product mixes on chemically treated hair? What's the source of the info. in the OP? Tried and tested by OP or taken from another source.

alopeciagrl

Wow! I actully did disagree w/ some of the suggestions but thanked him anyway...figuring it was a nice gesture. Thanks for the heads up guys!

How dare they try to sale some WACK products :pinocchio

Caramel Jewel

has the baking soda premanently elongated your curls

SouthernBeauty

:whois: I am brand spanking new and I thought something was fishy!! USE GEL FOR MANAGEABILITY!!:lachen:

And why pay $11.45 for WORTHLESS information when I only need $6.00 for THE BEST information!!

Last edited:

Sarahh.

Just sharing my .02, but I would advise that people (especially newbies) be careful of this O.P.

I think he/she/it is selling something. I've rarely seen the O.P. post responses to the threads he/she/it creates. And the link in the siggy is selling something.

:rolleyes::ohwell:

soulie

If you search Google for sentences from any of the OP's hair advice posts, they are plagarized directly from articles published by other people. Non-black other people.

jerseygurl

Not a new member
Any LHCF member can tell that the info is just a bunch of garbage.

Really gel for managebility??!!
Grease and pomade??!!

Please go plug your product someplace else.:rolleyes::ohwell::perplexed

LURKERS PLEASE DO NOT PAY OP ANY MIND. Do your own research

msa

Sorry, I'm just now seeing this.
Is it safe to use these product mixes on chemically treated hair? What's the source of the info. in the OP? Tried and tested by OP or taken from another source.

People on the board have been trying those different methods, I only suggested them because I've seen threads on them here. I know people with relaxed hair have used the treatments though specifics would be in the threads. A couple mentioned that the caramel treatment was helping them stretch because it moisturized their new growth so well.

Just do a search for Coconut and Lime or for Caramel treatments.

Yup:yep:. Just do a quick search and you should find a lot of info, including recipes. Also there is info explaining why the treatments work (the lactic acid in the sour cream/yogurt is what gives the "relaxing" effect).

has the baking soda premanently elongated your curls

I don't know if it's permanent. And, I don't know if elongated is the best word though in some places they really are. I noticed after having used it for a few months my curls were a lot more defined, manageable, and they seemed a little stretched out. One day I was reading a thread and it kind of clicked that it could be the baking soda I was using that was causing it. My hair has been far more moisturized as well so I'm sure that contributes, because when natural hair is really moisturized it seems to be a little easier to deal with.

lilsparkle825

Solutions

oh really. guess i better get rid of everything i didn't find on the ethnic aisle at wal-mart then, huh.