Biotin=Itching?

Healthb4Length

I can't believe that I forgot this but a couple a months ago I ended using my biotin. Well I got some new vitamin (Andrew Lessmans' Hair Skin and Nails with double biotin) and everything was going great. After I finished with that vitamin I started to take my leftover Biotin (no $$) well I didn't notice immediately but after taking the Biotin for 1 week my skin was on fire! I couldnt' stop itching and I couldn't figure out why until I remembered that it was the Biotin. The thing is I can take Biotin when it's combined with other stuff like Andrew Lessmans' Hairskin&nail (it was great) but I can't take it by itself. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

luv04

i had a little rash on my wrist i recently up tha dosages so i dont know if that has any thing to do wit it.?

browneyedgirl

I have been using Andrew Lessman's hair skin and nails and I can say that they did work, however, they broke me out big time on my chest and lower jaw area. I wish I could find a way to get rid of the acne scars left behind.

Cowgirl

I use Andrew Lessman's Hair, Skin & Nails and also the Maximum Complete for Women. I agree they work very well. These are the only vitamins I can swallow without feeling like I'm choking to death.

Victorian

old head
I have mild itching/follicular action in my scalp but not anywhere else (I just started taking biotin again after not taking it for several months). How much are you taking?? I'm taking 3mg of Puritan's Pride biotin.

Healthb4Length

I was taking 2 capsuls of the Vitamin Shoppe brand. The directions clearly says take only 1 daily. I admit it's my fault, I ran out of my other vitamins and was trying to compensate...never again.