BIOTIN and thickness

girlyprincess23

did anyone notice and an extreme increase in thickness while taking biotin? this relaxer my hair looked thin and im wondering why and this morning i remembered i havent taken my biotin in months!!! isnt it funny the things we forget i go and tell my mother's friend to take it to thicken up her hair and forget myself!!! anyhow did anyone else notice a major increase in thickness whilst taking biotin?

Chromia

I've been taking 300 mcg daily, but I started on Feb. 4 so I haven't seen a difference yet. I plan to gradually work my way up to 5000 mcg.

marla

Yes! I had to check to see when I had my last relaxer, and I'm only 3 weeks post, but man is my hair thick. I juststarted taking my hair vitamins about a month ago!

TCT

IF BIOTIN REALLY DOES THICKEN THE HAIR, (AND SINCE I HAVENT USED IT I HAVE NO REASON TO THINK EITHER WAY ABOUT IT)

does it thicken the individual strands as in the hair growing in at the root is thicker in diameter than the hair near the ends, or does it thicken as in add more strands of hair comming out of each follicle?

i could only dream of thick hair my whole life. i have this one cousin, she and i have always wanted to switch heads of hair, her wanting the lank stranded soft hair, and i wanting the thick coarse full bodied hair.

oh and how much biotin does one have to take in order to achieve this thickness?

graCeful_89

I started taking 5000mcg right off the bat. My skin hasn't really freaked out because I also take a Women's One-A-Day, Vitamin E (great for skin) and Vitamin C.

Its been about 5 weeks of taking these pills everyday and I LOVES my new growth. It feels different somehow. Thicker? Yes. It also feels a bit, looser too. Usually when NG comes in I'm thinking oh boy here comes the battle, but not this time. I find myself running my hands through it and junk.