Bigen over henna? Please help

twistedsista

I really want to know if you can use Bigen over hennaed hair. I used pure henna by Lush. I am sick of having to grate it and its hard to wash out. Also it won't cover this red I have in the front of my hair. the rest get black and that part looks black for a little while then fades back to reddish-brown. Please help my University graudation pictures are coming up in less than a month and I want to look sharp.:( :( :( :(

HoneyDew

I feel you, although I can't be much help because I am in the same situation.

I used to use Bigen all the time, but since I haved used henna, I am afraid to use Bigen just because the directions say not to. Also because it has PPD in it. Although Bigen has never harmed me or my hair in the past, I am afraid to use it now.

I am thinking of just using a semi-perm color like the ones from the Beautiful Collection line.

PinkAngel

I've used Bigen over henna with no ill effects. But when I did henna I used BAQ henna only. When the Bigen instructions say not to use over henna I think it's referring to compound henna.

vfee

I used to use Bigen too but then I found out about the PPD thing. I never had any bad reactions either but I stopped using it when I saw what could happen. I use Lush henna too but never together with the Bigen...

PinkAngel

twistedsista said:
Thanks for replying I appreciate it. Was your hair shiny? It does thin your hair strand does it? :)

You're welcome, I haven't had any problems w/ Bigen. It never thinned my hair. Henna is just too much work to detangle afterwards and I end up losing tons of hair.

dlewis

msshic said:
You're welcome, I haven't had any problems w/ Bigen. It never thinned my hair. Henna is just too much work to detangle afterwards and I end up losing tons of hair.

It tangles you hair? I might have to rethink this henna thing.

PinkAngel

dlewis said:

Girl, if you don't get outta this thread! You don't need henna w/ that lush, shiny hair of yours!

But yeah, my hair tangled badly I even used a conditioner rinse & a deep conditioner afterwards. My mix only consisted of henna, conditioner, hot water & oil. Everyone doesn't experience the tangle though.

OT: Your eyebrows look great!

sareca

Make sure you strand test first especially if you didn't use body art quality henna.

dlewis

msshic said:
Girl, if you don't get outta this thread! You don't need henna w/ that lush, shiny hair of yours!

But yeah, my hair tangled badly I even used a conditioner rinse & a deep conditioner afterwards. My mix only consisted of henna, conditioner, hot water & oil. Everyone doesn't experience the tangle though.

OT: Your eyebrows look great!

I think it will add strength to my hair.

Thanks, those fill in pencils work great.:D

dlewis said:

OT: The first time I hennaed my hair it came out tangled too (I had mixed the henna with lemon juice). The second time I mixed it with water, jojoba oil, and carrot oil, and it came out nice and strong and it was easy to rinse out. I think this is because of all the oil I put in it. I would say try using more oil.

I was also thinking of using Bigen to color my hair black. The indigo doesn't seem to get my hair as black as I want. Hoping to see more responses. :)