Best Way to Trim Split Ends??

MzTami

Hellerrrr
When is the Best time to trim or cut hair? Is it before or after you wash it? Also, how should you trim..divide into sections, split it down the middle, pull it all the way back and then trim???

I am trying to get rid of my split ends..

Thanks in advance.

Tanelions

I either trim after I relax or a week or two after. Always on clean dry hair for me.
Here is a link that gives detailed instructions. I do the blunt cut and I like to results every time. HTH.
How to Trim?

NewYorkgyrl

Tanelions said:
I either trim after I relax or a week or two after. Always on clean dry hair for me.
Here is a link that gives detailed instructions. I do the blunt cut and I like to results every time. HTH.
How to Trim?

What kind of trim would you suggest doing for someone who is trying to grow out their layers, but does not want to lose length by cutting it totally even?

MzTami

Hellerrrr
Tanelions said:
How to Trim?

I just wanted to say that I followed the tutorial and it worked!

Thanks again!

Tanelions

NewYorkgyrl said:
What kind of trim would you suggest doing for someone who is trying to grow out their layers, but does not want to lose length by cutting it totally even?

NewYorkgyrl I have not been to my stylist since June of 04 due to price (paying :dollar: for a relaxer, no deep conditioner, no dye, just relax, shampoo and the conditioner that comes after that) and she seem to have to trim my hair every other visit. Yes I was on a routine schedule every 2 weeks.
So when I decided to stop going I had some layers, I would take a section at a time and trim just about 1/8 to 1/16 of an inch off. After I would do this, no one noticed the difference in length, not even myself. I would alternate this every 3 to 4 months trimming the shortest part of my hair and then the next few months would trim the longest, until it eventually all caught up. I also did alot of wet sets too :lol: , self conscious I guess. This is what I did and what worked for me.

Using the trimming methods shown in the link is for someone with more of a blunt cut so it may be harder to get to those layered strands.

If your not comfortable about trimming at this time, I suggest finding a stylist that you trust to do the job. I have read in some threads where some ladies have had good results at places like Great Clips, Super Cuts, ect. They tend to give you exactly what you ask for and the price isn't that much either.

Tanelions

MzTami said:
I just wanted to say that I followed the tutorial and it worked!

Thanks again!

That's great. When I first used this method I was impressed with my results.
Great Outcome.

morehairplease

Tanelions said:
How to Trim?

thanks for posting this link tanelions!