Best way to detangle?

Butterfly08

Hi ladies,

Can you post some of your tips and the best way for you to detangle your hair? :hair:

I found out at my last wash that it's better for me to detangle when my hair is dry. I am now 18 weeks post and my last wet detangling session with a WIDE tooth comb was a disaster. :whyme: I covered my hair with conditioner, separated into sections and combed from the bottom, but it still wasn't happening. :nono:

Later, when I tried again on dry hair it was much better.

So what do you ladies do? :locks:

Tarae

I detangle with my shower comb as I'm rinsing out my conditioner. Once I'm out the shower, I detangle in smaller sections with my brush or wide tooth comb.

i detangle damp or dry hair in sections. detangling wet hair causes too much breakage for me. i get the best results on damp hair.

chamomile

i detangle damp or dry hair in sections. detangling wet hair causes too much breakage for me. i get the best results on damp hair.

Me too. iI leave my hair alone to dry a bit and then I apply my leave in and seal. I let it dry some more and for the products to soak in before I start detangling.

darlingdiva

I'm a natural, but I detangle on dry hair in sections. After I detangle with my fingers, I spray some of my leave in on each section & finger comb.

Leesh

The actual slip of the conditioner is sorta activated, when the water is hitting the hair, that is when you should start to detanlge, a lot of the Good Deep's are sooo thick, that this would be the only way to detanlge, it gets really slippery and slimey-like once the water hits it.

Butterfly08

Me too. iI leave my hair alone to dry a bit and then I apply my leave in and seal. I let it dry some more and for the products to soak in before I start detangling.

Thanks everyone! ^ This is the way I'm gonna have to do my detangling. Combing wet is a PITA.

morehairplease

Lately, I have been detangling my hair after I put conditioner in it. This seems to be working for me but I do hear the occasionally snap(I am a little too heavy handed:wallbash::wallbash:). I tried detangling it in the shower under running water and it was a nightmare. My hair is really short at the moment but once it gets longer I am going to try detangling in sections on damp hair.

Ballerina_Bun

Gliss Conditioners: Oil Nutritive or Silk

OR

MNT Detangler Spray (works like a charm)

or

Kerastase Lait Vital (detangles my hair like a charm and I don't need to use anything afterwards)

myronnie

On wet hair under the shower. Let the water hit your scalp and then slowly detangle starting from the ends. Also you should rinse with a quickie conditioner like VO5 before detangling. Don't detangle after deep conditioning..your hair gets tangled under the cap and makes it more difficult to detangle.

prospurr4

First, I detangle with my fingers, from tip to root. Then, I apply conditioner thoughout my hair and let it soak in (about 15-30 minutes), rinse out in the shower, then blot dry with a microfiber towel. While my hair is still damp, I finger-detangle for a second time, then comb through with a shower comb.

I normally stretch to 13/14 weeks with no problem on wash day.