BEST SETTING LOTION?

Keracare is expensive. I have use that and Lottabody. I also have some Aphogee Foam Wrap that I haven't used yet. I'm not the best rollersetter (YET), but I don't think I'll be using Keracare again. It's good stuff, but much to rich for my blood. Not when there are so many others out here.

Pantene R&N Wrap Set Lotion gives me the sleekest set so much that I don't need to moisturize daily. My hair feels and looks wonderful from day 1 to day 6.

Just wondering what, in your experience, is the best setting lotion for achieving shiny, moist, smooth roller sets? I currently use Motions Foaming wrap lotion, and it leaves a little to be desired :ohwell:.....

Also, any tips on things to mix with setting lotion?

And do you think spray/liquid setting lotion is more moisturizing than foam?

Thanks in advance ladies!

Try Lottabody... the one that you have to dilute... i tried that motions and that stuff was worse than putting gel in my hair... it was hard and sticky

Motions Foam Wrap does your help your hair stretch - I ONLY use it, if I am going to airdry my sets. Other than that, I use Lotta Body (blue). I like the Lotta body in the purple and white too. Back in the day, when I used to spend $$$ like crazy, I used KeraCare.

I'm thinking I need to try Mizani, Keracare or Nairobi...

Currently using Lottabody, finally figured out that I REALLY need to dilute that stuff to prevent crunchiness.

I love the Elasta QP foam! I use a little Suave Coconut con as my leave-in and a a dollop to each section of my hair and roll. My set always comes out great.

Just found my winning roller setting leave in duo.
1) roux treatment & shine 233
2) mane n tail detangler

I just posted these pics in MBL thread.

I achieved nice waves on day 1 and after pin curling, soft bouncy curls on day 2. The shine is what got me smiling!

a6890fab-a08d-3e7a.jpg

a6890fab-a0c8-205a.jpg

ETA I'm 11 week post here

Last night I use 4oz water, 1oz lottabody, 1oz Argan Oil. This resulted in soft touchable curls and a beautiful flat twist out for picture day:)

Last edited:
Nairobi it is...the only issue is I can not purchase it in b
Brooklyn bc the beauty supply store don't have it so I will order it online.

Nairobi it is...the only issue is I can not purchase it in b
Brooklyn bc the beauty supply store don't have it so I will order it online.

Check out Bliss Beauty Supplies on Flatbush ave across from Erasmus Hall H.S They carry Nairobi it's $13.99 for the small Wrap it and Shine.

Back