Best Kinky Human Hair...

Papoose

The Phoenix
I'm trying to get a sew-in in a few weeks & I'm looking for realistic 4a/4b human hair. I found a website once, but didn't fav it. Can someone help me out? I'm a natural 4something and I'd like it to look as realistic as possible.

Thanks!

Tiye

It depends on your price range. If you want regular kinky human hair in the quality an price range you'd find in a beauty supply store then you should browse a vendor website like hair sisters. There are lots of customer reviews and some people include pictures and/or links to youtube reviews.

If you want to pay more for cuticle, remy hair from a private/indie vendor then you should go to the weave section on bhm. You'll find scads of reviews on bhm and if you search bhm you'll find lists of recommended vendors.

Anastaja11

halleyscurls.com, although I have never used them you can find some review on youtube. Also they are pricey just to warn you so you should catch tme on sale.

Hope that helps.

sikora

I have a sample of Halle's curls natural and I think that would fit, however based on reviews it sheds horribly.

I purchased All About My Hair's kinky curly, but I think the curls are too big and it's a bit silky-ish. I love how it looks on the installs I've seen though.

My final try will be with Onyc Mongolian Kinky Curly.

Papoose

The Phoenix
Thanks Ladies! Halleyscurls was the place that I was thinking of. I do indeed want good quality hair that won't shed & looks as natural as possible. Keep the suggestions coming!

Mariela73

You might try chinese vendors on whole sale sites like alibabaexpress.com. They're cheaper and that's one of the places the BSS and other websites order from wholesale. Like everything, you have to have some time to research a bit to find a good quality product. They have a good reviews system and some of the shipping is faster than stateside. Once you find a good vendor, it's worth it.

Phaer

when I put in the site given, it takes me to a restaurant site...now I am hungry and really wished I lived in WV so that I can go to that restaurant. :lachen:
You might try chinese vendors on whole sale sites like alibabaexpress.com. They're cheaper and that's one of the places the BSS and other websites order from wholesale. Like everything, you have to have some time to research a bit to find a good quality product. They have a good reviews system and some of the shipping is faster than stateside. Once you find a good vendor, it's worth it.

L.Brown1114

I wouldnt suggest doing a Chinese vendor unless you have done a buttload of research or you will get burned everytime. Start with an american vendor until your advance in the weave game and you know the tricks of the trade. but I agree allaboutmyhair.com would be your best bet or you can go on BHM and research they have a whole thread dedicated to kinky curly hair with vendors

yardyspice

Halley's Curls in Natural is a dead on match for 4b hair but it sheds if you cut it so I seal and bend the wefts. It also gets dry like 4b hair so you have to find something that keeps it moisturized (don't ask me cuz I haven't found it :lachen:)

I also have Mane Depot and All about my hair and HCN is the best match. When I have the time I am going to mix the hairs to get a more realistic look and to use the HCN just to blend.

PoisedNPolished

Are you looking for a kinky curly or a kinky straight? I have in kinky straight and it does kink a little when wet but not much. It's a very wonderful texture... I have done braid outs, flat ironed it, bunned it and used flexi rods. Every day is something new. I have pics if you need to see. A member did a post on this hair and I immediately purchased and will reorder for the rest of my life LOL!

LovelyPiratess

Are you looking for a kinky curly or a kinky straight? I have in kinky straight and it does kink a little when wet but not much. It's a very wonderful texture... I have done braid outs, flat ironed it, bunned it and used flexi rods. Every day is something new. I have pics if you need to see. A member did a post on this hair and I immediately purchased and will reorder for the rest of my life LOL!

What brand of hair did you use?

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I used to buy my kinky human hair from a company called Adorable.
They are in NYC, but that was a few years ago. It was the best.

Funny, I was the only person I knew back then buying and wearing kinky human hair when all my friends were doing the wet and wavy or straight.

virtuenow

For kinky-straight, Opheratique in Italian Yaki Perm is the best match I have ever seen for kinky hair in texture/sheen/wear. It doesn't shed and it curls well. One pack gets the job done. The hair is thick so spread the back out. Another one, Extensions plus (relaxed), is top rated and alot of women suggest it. I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned. It is very expensive though. Well both brands are expensive, but the good thing is they last several years. I've heard as much as 4 or 5 years (wow, huh)

Last edited:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
january noir this hair looks really good. How long did it last. Is it yaki or cuticle aligned?

virtuenow
I don't know because back when I was wearing a weave I didn't know the difference. I just went with how the hair looked and held up. It held up very well with washing and setting, curling, etc. I did get a not-so-good batch once, but that was the only time. It kept matting and me nor my hairstylist knew why. You can call and ask. They had very good customer service when I was a customer.

ayoung

extensions plus. I LOVE this hair, matches my 4b relaxed and pressed hair (been using them for awhile). Its expensive but if you fold the track and don't cut it you can use it over for OVER a year :yep:

virtuenow

@virtuenow
I don't know because back when I was wearing a weave I didn't know the difference. I just went with how the hair looked and held up. It held up very well with washing and setting, curling, etc. I did get a not-so-good batch once, but that was the only time. It kept matting and me nor my hairstylist knew why. You can call and ask. They had very good customer service when I was a customer.

@january noir I meant to say "remy" hair, not "yaki". With remy human hair, all the cuticle is in tact and it flows in the same direction. The fact that one of your batches was so tangly suggests that it was "fallen" hair. Basically the hair went in both directions and it clung together and tangled up easily b/c the cuticles caught hold of one another. Maybe that company buys the hair in an open market. Remy separtes the cheap hair from the expensive hair. How much is this hair anyway, no prices are mentioned on the website. I like your name, by the way :) .

Last edited:

PoisedNPolished

I used Kinky Straight hair from hairesthetics I used 4oz and split the tracks. I miss that hair. I am going to place an order for the new year in brown this time. Oh yea.. you must get the cuticle remy.

scarcity21

Can I see pics?

PoisedNPolished

Can I see pics?

SunySydeofLyfe

Halleys curls hasn't shed on me in the last 4 maybe 5 years ive used or my profile pic is halleys curls salon relaxed. Worth the money but I would follow them on twitter and wait for a sale. BSS hair I would rec cheap urban beauty or envy vip remy

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using SPH-M820-BST

PoisedNPolished

Thank you! I am ordering a batch myself come december LOL! Seriously the hair was AWESOME... i did a horrible job at sealing but the shedding was minimal. I installed the same batch about 10 times. I have more pics but I don't want to overload you all. You can style it anyway you can imagine!

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
OMG ten times?
and i only need 4 oz? (i'll split if i need to, but my head ain't big anyways, lol)
i'm SOLD.

honey4real

Thank you! I am ordering a batch myself come december LOL! Seriously the hair was AWESOME... i did a horrible job at sealing but the shedding was minimal. I installed the same batch about 10 times. I have more pics but I don't want to overload you all. You can style it anyway you can imagine!

What method did you use to do the install, your hair looks beautiful and are you relaxed or natural ?