Best Detangler for Transitioning Type 4's??

HairPhoenix

For those of you with type 4 hair that are now transitioning or who have completed transitioning to natural...

What is the hands down, absolute best detangler that you have used?

Nanyanika

-Sta-fro-fro the white bottle
- Fantasia IC moisturizing liquid leave in
- Homemade detangler contains vo5 creamy peaches, glycerin, cocnut oil, rosewater.
- Homemade Humectant shine spray: Rosewater, Organic honey, glycerin, coconut oil, flaxseed oil, jojoba oil.

Cheleigh

I think that for me, it's more my technique than products. I have easily tangled hair.

After a few months of trial and error trying other people's techniques, I discovered the best detangling sessions occur when I:
-Wash my hair in six sections
-Do a DT as my CW twice weekly
-Add honey/molasses and EVOO to my DT (I use a variety of conditioners at once)
-Avoid dryer heat during my DT, but use heating cap for at least one hour.
-Undo each braid, massage my scalp and rinse very well under warm water, then switch to cold running water for a finger detangle. Follwed immediately by a detangle with a D4 to extract shed hair. Rebraid each section.
-Let hair dry about 20 minutes, then undo each section again to add Giovanni leave-in.

It sound laborious (and I'm sure I can skip a step somewhere), but it has really made the difference for me.

Mamacita

Hands down the best is Paul Mitchell's The Detangler, and I have the most tangled hair EVER after washing. Bilogae is also very good like someone else said.

Divine Inspiration

Mamacita said:
Hands down the best is Paul Mitchell's The Detangler, and I have the most tangled hair EVER after washing.

CO-SIGN 1200000000%

PM The Detangler got me through a 23 week stretch of 4a spirals. :yep:

caligirl

Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner. It works well as a leave in or as a deep conditioner. I didn't even think about transitioning until I tried this conditioner because my hair used to turn to dredlocks after 3 months. With this conditioner I've been transitioning for 2 years.

RabiaElaine

Great...I'm going to try a few of these...I've been using Loreal Kid's detangler...I may need something a little more adult :grin:

TrulyBlessed

Kids Organics Shea Butter Detangling Lotion...I searched high and low for this stuff but found it and its definitely a keeper. So if you find it, grab it. This is my staple for the 15 months of super coily and easily tangled new growth I have now. I use it on dry hair as a daily moisturizer. Its glycerin based.