Best Black Hair Dye?

H

honey_jammz82

I am missing my black hair, I put some hi-lites in the front and they are getting on my nerves, lol. I am not sure if I want to use permanent or semi-permanent dye...which ones do you all prefer? I am leaning towards Bigen or Feria, but all advice will be much appreciated!

good2uuuu

I've used many, but I like Bigen the best. It is the easiest to clean off your skin. When I use others, I always end up having tohide out a day because I have to color my temples and sideburns and am left with an awful black ring around the hairline no matter what I do to clean it. So yea, I vote for Bigen.

Mizani_Mrs

Hey, if you are afraid of dye as i am. You might want to look into Henna'ing your hair and then applying Indigo on top of that. that will give you a black shiny color that will last. So you can still be 'all natural' (color & texture wise)...

H

honey_jammz82

OK, I have not read any of the henna posts yet, I am going to go back and research it...I saw something that you have to mix quite a few ingredients together and knowing me....well, it just would not turn out right, lol. Thanks for the responses!

sareca

honey_jammz82 said:
OK, I have not read any of the henna posts yet, I am going to go back and research it...I saw something that you have to mix quite a few ingredients together and knowing me....well, it just would not turn out right, lol. Thanks for the responses!

Here's method for indigo'g my hair. There's more info in the FAQ

Lady_Lioness

good2uuuu said:
I've used many, but I like Bigen the best. It is the easiest to clean off your skin. When I use others, I always end up having tohide out a day because I have to color my temples and sideburns and am left with an awful black ring around the hairline no matter what I do to clean it. So yea, I vote for Bigen.

I agree...Bigen is good.

so so chic

I would definitely have to say Bigen. I used it for the first time about 2 months ago and I LOVE it. It's all that I ever plan on using, unless I jump on the henna bandwagon :) . I tried Feria before (it wasn't black though), and it jacked my hair up :mad: .