Recommendations for Products for Men

divinefavor

Any suggestions on what products works for men? What does your husbands or SO use (shampoos, conditioners, moisturizers, etc)?

MizaniMami

Lol, anything that's in the bathroom. Soap,shampoo or whatever.:lol: But seriously, they have a Loreal line "for men" but it's the same thing ingredients wise. It just doesn't smell so fruity. My SO doesn't use it, but it's worth a try.

divinefavor

LOL!!!! Thanks girl!!!

My significant other likes the Garnier Fructis shampoo and conditioner (I think the Long & Strong line or something like that). However, he needs something to put on his hair afterwards. So that it doesn't look dry, he need something that gives him moisture and a little sheen.

MissB

My husband uses the following:

Design Essentials Organic Cleanse Shampoo
Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo
Elucence Moisture Balance Conditioner
Design Essentials Oil Sheen

I used to argue with him about using my products. But, he does understand that the Keracare is off limits. However, I think he is currently using the Keracare Essential Oils for the Hair because it smells good.

divinefavor

Thanks MissB!!! My Elucence is off limits!!! :lol: I guess, I can let him try it! I'm all out of Keracare though. I have a whole buch of Jane Carter Solutions sample. I can let him try those, I really didn't care for the JCS products (except for the wrap & roll).

MissB said:
My husband uses the following:

Design Essentials Organic Cleanse Shampoo
Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo
Elucence Moisture Balance Conditioner
Design Essentials Oil Sheen

I used to argue with him about using my products. But, he does understand that the Keracare is off limits. However, I think he is currently using the Keracare Essential Oils for the Hair because it smells good.

HoneyDew

My honey has long hair and is a 2b/bordering on 3 type. I swear he uses the same stuff that relaxed type 4s use! He and I use the same shampoos, conditioners and moisturizers. I think he sneaks onto LHCF and gets tips, i.e. he co-washes sometimes, etc. :lol:

But, my son has thick type 3c hair and I always buy CON for him. He uses Profectiv Root Health as a moisturizer. Brush and go, I wish I had it that easy.

But, there is a new (well new to me) line for men called Barber Select by Proline that I got a sample of in my last TCB relaxer kit. I got a sample of the conditioning shampoo and my son's hair turned out very good with that. Nice, clean, soft and shiny. I may Switch to that because sometimes the CON leads to build up.

Last edited:

HoneyDew

Looks pretty good. (but not as good as the sexiness in the barber chair :) )

divinefavor

:lol:

Thanks HoneyDew!

I've heard of the proline (I think in a magazine), but never knew where to purchase it. I'll check it out.

HoneyDew said:
My honey has long hair and is a 2b/bordering on 3 type. I swear he uses the same stuff that relaxed type 4s use! He and I use the same shampoos, conditioners and moisturizers. I think he sneaks onto LHCF and gets tips, i.e. he co-washes sometimes, etc. :lol:

But, my son has thick type 3c hair and I always buy CON for him. He uses Profectiv Root Health as a moisturizer. Brush and go, I wish I had it that easy.

But, there is a new (well new to me) line for men called Barber Select by Proline that I got a sample of in my last TCB relaxer kit. I got a sample of the conditioning shampoo and my son's hair turned out very good with that. Nice, clean, soft and shiny. I may Switch to that because sometimes the CON leads to build up.

iCandyc

divinefavor said:
LOL!!!! Thanks girl!!!

My significant other likes the Garnier Fructis shampoo and conditioner (I think the Long & Strong line or something like that).

That's funny! My Brother in law LOVES Garnier Fructis! he uses Organics carrot oil afterwards. He has straight hair.

divinefavor

Bkspradagirl said:
That's funny! My Brother in law LOVES Garnier Fructis! he uses Organics carrot oil afterwards. He has straight hair.

Maybe I should have him try the Organics carrot oil. Thanks Bkspradagirl!