Beat The Heat: Hot Girls 2014

PlainJane

I'm in!
1-What is your hair type and starting length? Relaxed or natural?
-Relaxed and grazing APL
2-Short version of your regimen.
-wash and DC with AO every 2-3 weeks. M&S daily. Updos and buns. I rarely wear my hair down. I will try to stretch relaxers more.
3-What type of direct heat do you plan to use? How often?
-Flat iron, once a month
4-What heat protectant will you use?
-I rotate Chi silk infusion, redken, silk elements, and a random one from a Birchbox
5-Why do you like to use direct heat?
-I am hoping that it will help me stretch my relaxers to six months and help me enjoy my hair more.
6-What is your goal for the year?
-full APL, grazing BSL

PlainJane

What are you ladies using to moisturize hair without it reverting? My usual moisturizer is AOHSR and water in a spray bottle so I know that won't work. I've been using coconut and grape seed oil on my ends for the past two weeks, but I know that isn't enough.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
What are you ladies using to moisturize hair without it reverting? My usual moisturizer is AOHSR and water in a spray bottle so I know that won't work. I've been using coconut and grape seed oil on my ends for the past two weeks, but I know that isn't enough.

I use hello hydration mixed with aloe vera juice and glycerin. Its nice and creamy

syncerelyhis

Hey ladies sorry to let you down - my mother passed away a little over a month ago and I haven't really had time to think about hair.

Someone else please host the challenge. Thanks.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Hey ladies. I hope all is well with everyone. I got my hair blown out last Friday. Other than a little root reversion it still looks/feels good. Im trying to make it last a month like sistawitrealhair on yt

caliscurls

Have moved to blow drying weekly on medium/low heat after air drying for a while. My heat protectant is the oils in my oil rinse. Been doing this since June and so far so good. My ends look great and I'm gaining length.

EnExitStageLeft

I've been blowdrying my hair monthly and so far so good. My hair's health is optimal at this point and I'm hoping that this will continue. I've been experimenting with silicone conditioners and mannnnnnn ole' mannnnnnn I'M LOVING IT! I will be picking up two more today, but will use silicone free conditioners for the 3-4 months, so that I can use up product. I'll just make up for the "lack of cone" by using an extra pump of my serum before blow drying.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm loving my blowout. I got a trim yesterday too. I hope this one lasts a couple weeks

Attachments

• 20141026_192348.jpg
    20141026_192348.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 102

Soratachi

I would like to join the 2015 one as a Natural with BKT (Formalehyde free sp?).
I intend to use heat more to easily stretch my hair and keep it straight. :grin:

Getting it done for Christmas. :grin:

Lylddlebit

Moved to the 2015 thread. This was just my starting post answers and picture. All moved to the 2015 beat the heat thread that was started today 12.28.

Last edited:

Lylddlebit

I had been waiting for the thread myself. Hope I am not stepping on anyone's toes but I will go ahead and start one. If I get any of the rules wrong or anything someone please says so. I'll post the original rules with the exception of the prize. I am guessing since the op is no longer involved that the prize is no longer a given. Correct me if I am wrong please.