Beat The Heat: Hot Girls 2014

syncerelyhis

it doesn't dry your hair out? Prettymetty
This is my second week of blown out hair :) I used dry shampoo yesterday to soak up all the oil and bring the bounce back. It worked like a charm. Hotgirl must have =dry shampoo. I use the walgreens brand and it saves the day when my straight hair starts getting weighed down or too oily. Im trying to make it last until my wig gets here.

I plan to wig it for 2 months and straighten again for my anniversary in march. Oohlala :dinner::yay:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
This is my second week of blown out hair :) I used dry shampoo yesterday to soak up all the oil and bring the bounce back. It worked like a charm. Hotgirl must have =dry shampoo. I use the walgreens brand and it saves the day when my straight hair starts getting weighed down or too oily. Im trying to make it last until my wig gets here. I plan to wig it for 2 months and straighten again for my anniversary in march. Oohlala :dinner::yay:

Is it blown out and the style last for 2 weeks? And you keep it fresh with dry shampoo?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Is it blown out and the style last for 2 weeks? And you keep it fresh with dry shampoo?

I kept my blowout for exactly 2 weeks this time. I used dry shampoo twice to keep my hair smelling nice and to absorb the extra oils.

youwillrise

ahhh...so i decided to flat iron 2 weeks ago...and put my hair in twists.

i took the twists out tonight and detangled. was gonna wash, but i dont think im ready to yet. ill just put some new twists in and leave them in at least another week.

EnExitStageLeft

Prettymetty

I did them on 340 with my Sedu Revolution Flat Iron. I've been pincurling my hair at night to maintain them. I'm not really a fan on bone straight hair on me, I don't think my hair is long enough. Maybe when I'm WL, it'll look better.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I have the Sedu revolution also. Ive been having the same one since '05. Im just scared to use it for curls. I curl my wigs with it and it looks great. I need to practice my technique because im a slow poke and I dont wanna burn my hair :nono:

abioni

I will be reading on the sideline for tips. I didn't retain much last year. Thinking of Keratin treatment and heat.

Channy31

Blow dried my hair straight today and now it's in a twist out.

Feel like I want a trim to have pretty ends but going to resist!

caliscurls

Checking in, still tension blow drying every 7 to 10 days and keeping up with my dusting every 6-8 weeks. Not wearing my hair down though, it stays in some kind of bun or twisted up do all the time...trying to maximize retention. Most likely I'll only wear it down on special occasions this year.

youwillrise

how's it going, ladies?

had braids in my hair (my own hair) for just less than 2 weeks, took those out between thursday and friday. detangled, washed and have been dc'ing for quite a while now. will rinse soon, moisturize and prep my hair for tension blow drying.

not sure what i'll do to my hair. i might do a quick, simple protective style and keep that for a few days and then refresh it midweek. i do have a justin timberlake concert coming up on thursday, so maybe i'll refresh on that day.

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
My ends are looking better. I think I'm going to start tea rinsing with black tea. My hair is black at the roots and reddish brown down the shaft. I don't like it one bit.

Tomorrow I'm going to wash my hair & straighten/curl. I'll try & post a pic. I have to clarify my hair, my dandruff is just off the chain! I may do an HOT. Hmmmm

Channy31

Been wearing a curly bun for about a week and half now. Will be flat ironing tomorrow (for a show case) and have to again Saturday for a competition.

Any advice for stopping hair reverting when working out!

I have a cheerleading compeition next week and my hair will be straight and in a pony tail, but I want to stop it getting frizzy due to the lights/ heat/ exercise! Advise?

bronzephoenix

I'm so tempted to join this movement... I'll more than likely be flat ironing today or tomorrow. Hope to get a trim as well. Be back with pics!

ETA: I tried. But I can't do it! My hair felt entirely too dry without getting the water and product it's used to... I didn't wanna get it bone straight for fear of heat damage, I didn't feel like wrapping it at night, I trimmed off another inch, my workout murdered my roots and edges, I hate being careful in the shower... **FRUSTRATED SCREAM** It was fun in the bedroom though ;)

Last edited:

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
My edges on the left side are thinning so I have to be careful. But my scalp isn't as itchy and my shedding is getting under control.

I've been flat ironing with one pass on 302 though. I'll reserve bone straight hair for special occasions.

image-2950347915.jpg

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
My edges on the left side are thinning so I have to be careful. But my scalp isn't as itchy and my shedding is getting under control. I've been flat ironing with one pass on 302 though. I'll reserve bone straight hair for special occasions.

Looking good missy.

youwillrise

been some weeks since i blowdried my hair...this will be the first week i'll be back to it. gonna wash & dc today and get the blowdry and styling done tomorrow. hope everyone and their hair is doing well!

might consider a flat iron, but not sure...we'll seeeeeee

caliscurls

Still tension blow drying every two weeks. Last week I also flat ironed on low and it came out great. Next week I'm going to try air drying and then flat ironing on low.

youwillrise

i think im just gonna do the tension blowdry and then see how three strand twists look with it. hope to see some noticeable growth since last time i heat stretched my hair. no flat iron this time, though. ill wait to do that. give it a few more months.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I blew dry on cool and finger detangled, then stretched my hair as I ironed it. My siggie has the most recent results.

Channy31

Been five weeks since i've flat ironed my hair, although I have been blowdrying my hair.

Straightening next week :)

EnExitStageLeft

Reserving my flat iron for my BDay next month. Not going to lie though, I'm thinking about doing a blow out tomorrow. I need a break :look:.