Be Careful When Shampooing Your Hair

vtoodler

I washed my hair today. Some of the shampoo dripped into my eye, and it burned very badly. I immediately flushed it out with water.

I'm sure the pain will subside within a few days, and it didn't affect my vision at all. But I wanted to tell others about what happened. Unless you absolutely have to, don't open your eyes when shampooing your hair.

Last edited:

faithVA

I washed my hair today. Some of the shampoo dripped into my eye, and it burned very badly. I immedaitely flushed it out with water.

I'm sure the pain will subside within a few days, and it didn't affect my vision at all. But I wanted to tell others about what happeened. Unless you absolutely have to, don't open your eyes when shampooing your hair.

Somethings don't make your eyes burn like that. I have stopped using things that make my eyes burn. I've noticed that my black soap doesn't burn my eyes. And I typically wash with a mudwash which also doesn't burn my eyes.

Ms_CoCo37

So sorry this happened to you. I've gotten shampoo in my eyes before, but I didn't have the reaction your having. The stinging subsided after a couple of minutes. You must have gotten a lot in you eyes.

Last edited:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
hmm i never had this issue but then again when i shampoo i just focus it on my scalp.

Theresamonet

:giggle: Isn't that what usually happens when you get traditional shampoo in your eyes...It burns? It's essentially soap, op.

faithVA

Maybe she hasn't used traditional shampoo before or in a long time :ohwell:

I forgot how much it burned until my friend made me a shampoo bar. The whole time I was using it I thought I was dying. I used it once and can't bring myself to use it again :nono:

kittenz

Thanks OP for this groundbreaking discovery!

I hope you eye stops hurting soon try some cooling eye drops if it keeps burning.

vtoodler

I know that you all are probably laughing, but this has never happened to me before. I'm sure that shampoo has gotten in my eyes before, but it's never burned. I was shocked by what happened and wanted to warn others. :)

Last edited:

faithVA

I know that you all are probably laughing, but this has never happened to me before. I'm sure that shampoo has gotten in my eyes before, but it's never burned. I was shocked by what happened and wanted to warn others.

I'm not laughing at you. You have just been very fortunate to have made it so long without having burned your eyes. Most of us have used shampoo that burned our eyes so that you haven't yet is a bit unusual.

But like I said all shampoo doesn't burn. But I was over 40 before I learned that :ohwell: