BBD products on sale (BBD Stretch, Glass, KealaOil)

L

lkg4healthyhair

Yeah, it's crazy. I never heard of a person dictating how much a customer had to sell their products for.

That is pretty crazy :mad:

CurleeDST

Furniture makers do it all the time - they give their resellers a bottom list price the certified reseller can use to develop pricing for the item. If they are found to be selling their merchandise at less than what is quoted in that book they could lose their license to sell that brand.

lkg4healthyhair said:
Yeah, it's crazy. I never heard of a person dictating how much a customer had to sell their products for.

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
lkg4healthyhair said:

Yep, I bought the Glass a couple of times from a beauty supply place here called Jordan's..it was only $9.95 or $10.95.. well sometime after I had run out..I went to get it again..this was during the summer...prolly around late August or something like that..and I picked up that and a tub of the bubble up pudding..when she rang me up it was WAY more than I thought it should have been.. the girl there said that BBD made them raise the prices because they were selling it for a price that was too low..and he made them raise it to the $19.00... he made them do this like 2 weeks before I went in there.. needless to say.. I put the jar back..:lol: I haven't bought it since.. if I'm gonna spend $19..I rather spend a little more and get Kinky-Curly's Curling Custard!

He's gonna lose alot of business because of the price thing..and not being able to get it on the internet.. Does anyone know of anywhere that has it for the $12.99 price??

CurleeDST

The latest update, I was given a full refund yesterday. And you can purchase it on the internet on two sites that I know of:

bigbadd.com
dahairdoc.com (big mark up of the products on here)

That's all folks.

CurleeDST

I received my jar of GLASS today. I have the Buttercream scent. It smells DIVINE makes you almost want to dip your finger in and eat it. Smells just like buttercreme frosting.

It seems I got the last jar from Irby's.

foxybrownsugar

I was interested in keala oil because I love mixing oils for hot oil treatments and with conditioners etc. So, I went to his site bigbadd.com to see if i could find info about keala. He must not want people to know the exact mixture, oh well, because he says its a mixture of 10 oils including avocado and grape nut. GRAPE NUT? There is no such thing as a grape nut. I was watching the food network's unwrapped show last yr about cereal in particular, grape nut cereal and the spokesperson for the product said there is no such thing as a grape nut. It's just a commerical name and the cereal is a mixture of oats that are rolled to look like nuts (almost like granola). So someone is telling an untruth unless he meant to say grapeseed. I know some companies like kemi keep their oil blends secret but I hope he is not trying to insult black womens intelligence. Just say it's a secret forumla. I'm sure his oil is a great product but I think I will stay with exotic oils from Mountainroseherbs.com. Just my 2 cents.

L

lkg4healthyhair

foxybrownsugar said:
I was interested in keala oil because I love mixing oils for hot oil treatments and with conditioners etc. So, I went to his site bigbadd.com to see if i could find info about keala. He must not want people to know the exact mixture, oh well, because he says its a mixture of 10 oils including avocado and grape nut. GRAPE NUT? There is no such thing as a grape nut. I was watching the food network's unwrapped show last yr about cereal in particular, grape nut cereal and the spokesperson for the product said there is no such thing as a grape nut. It's just a commerical name and the cereal is a mixture of oats that are rolled to look like nuts (almost like granola). So someone is telling an untruth unless he meant to say grapeseed. I know some companies like kemi keep their oil blends secret but I hope he is not trying to insult black womens intelligence. Just say it's a secret forumla. I'm sure his oil is a great product but I think I will stay with exotic oils from Mountainroseherbs.com. Just my 2 cents.

I am curious of what is in the BBD Glass also.

I thought there was a law that products have to list their ingredients or at least the main ones. I guess I need to give him a call.

ETA: Just got off the phone with Irbys. She is refunding my money and said BBD has not sent her the products.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aalize

If you're buying online you'll have to buy it from BBD himself (at the suggested retail price) or from DaHairDoc at a marked up price. :perplexed You could try emailing to see if theres a store or salon in your area that carries it.