Bay Area Salons

mizzy247

Please for the life of me I can't find a good salon. I tried yelp.com but they don't have enough reviews for black salons. I'm so desperate I'm willing to go to someone who is not black as long as they can do a great job!

I have natural 4b hair and I would like a Press and deep Conditioning treatment and my ends trimmed as well!!!!!!!!

Any suggestions ladies please help a sista out !

mizzy247

Actually I use to go to this asian lady when I lived in southern cali and she did a great job.. She did trim when my hair was wet..

ree06

I WOULD SUGGEST LESLIE @ BEHIND THE SCENES IN OAKLAND AND DEE DEE @ SERENDIPITY HAIR SALON IN EMERYVILLE

mizzy247

Thanks ladies.. Wish me luck..Keep em coming because im Yelping these folks now.. Please I hope they don't take my little hair out..lol

mizzy247

Euphoria in Oakland...see Claire :)

Thanks for replying.. Is Claire African American? Not a problem just curious.. I actually like non-African American salons prices are much better and they don't have you waiting for hours..lol

sublime

Sabra @ Vickalina's Beauty Salon in San Leandro. She is wonderful I have been using her for about 8 years. She will have you in and out she does not double book.

poetist

BROWNIE at Brownie Brushes in Oakland. I have natural 4b hair and do not frequent salons because ....well, you know. I wanted to gt my hair done and went to her for the first time. She is natural and has super long hair and encourages her clients to grow out their perms. She uses ionic/ceramic appliances and had me looking fresh ta def. Im planning to post about my experience once I upload my pics.

Also, you can make appts online and shes fast. I was in at about 8am and out by 10am.

Another stylist I go to on occassion is Yasmin at CLassy COncepts in Oakland. Shes fast, super nice and does a great job. I have pics from my visit with her in my fotki. Both are highly recommended.

mizzy247

Hey okay thanks ladies.. So does anyone have suggestions on non-black stylist that can hook up some 4b hair?? I'm asking because the prices are so so much more reasonable.

A856

Thanks for replying.. Is Claire African American? Not a problem just curious.. I actually like non-African American salons prices are much better and they don't have you waiting for hours..lol

Yes she's one of us!:yep:

If you just want a flat iron, for reasonable price $35. You can go to....wait for it....
Lan's Nails (on MacArthur blvd, inbetween High st and 35th ave) and see either Nancy or Lan. Yes it's a nail shop but there are a lot of US who go there. She's also quick! She does everything, wash, cut, color, perm err'thang. I just let her flat iron, my cousin has gotten a t/u from her and another friend got cute highlights! AND she doesn't even mind you bringing your own products.And she 'listens'! I've even washed my own hair and had her finish the rest..

candita

Urban Roots Hair Salon in SF. Lisa is amazing!! She's one of the few black hair stylists that won't go after my ends with a hacksaw :lachen:

mizzy247

Urban Roots Hair Salon in SF. Lisa is amazing!! She's one of the few black hair stylists that won't go after my ends with a hacksaw :lachen:[/quote

Yes I seen her in Yelp she has amazing reviews and she is booked up until 5/09 !Q! Bummer

A856

LOL! yes Mizzy247 a nail shop....

all the more reason why I was hesistant at first....but its all good!