Battling the Unbelief of Impatience

loolalooh

To hear/read the actual sermon by John Piper: http://www.desiringgod.org/resource-library/sermons/battling-the-unbelief-of-impatience
(Scroll down the page at the link to read the sermon)

Isaiah 30:1–5

"Ah, stubborn children,” declares the LORD,
“who carry out a plan, but not mine,

and who make an alliance, but not of my Spirit,
that they may add sin to sin;
who set out to go down to Egypt,
without asking for my direction,
to take refuge in the protection of Pharaoh
and to seek shelter in the shadow of Egypt!

Therefore shall the protection of Pharaoh turn to your shame, and the shelter in the shadow of Egypt to your humiliation.

For though his officials are at Zoan
and his envoys reach Hanes,
everyone comes to shame
through a people that cannot profit them,

that brings neither help nor profit,
but shame and disgrace.”

Isaiah 30:18

Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you;
therefore he will rise up to show you compassion.
For the LORD is a God of justice.
Blessed are all who wait for him!

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
Excellent sermon!

I need to listen to more John Piper. I remember being in a program in college that was isolated in the mountains with a lot of believers who were filled with doubt and skepticism about their faith. The whole atmosphere was filled with a spirit of confusion that was really spiritually oppressive. To hold on, I listened to John Piper sermons that happened to be saved on my computer (little internet access) and they really helped to get me through. Once again, a Piper sermon has been right on time.

Rainbow Dash

This message blessed my soul. It is full of the wisdom of God. I encourage anyone who may be battling impatience and wavering in trust and faith to listen to this message. :yep:

Thanks so much for sharing this.

Sashaa08

I listened to this last night-timely word! Thank you for sharing this-it really spoke to me. I think we all have times where we struggle with being impatient as our timing is not God's timing.