Basing scalp with oil before relaxer

lonei

Hello all

I think I may add a little too much Vaseline when relaxing my hair and the relaxer is not taking as well as it did. Can you base with oil? If so, which type? Will it still prevent scalp burns?

Thanks x

koolkittychick

I have been having the same issue, so I have been looking around and I found this: Optimum Pre-Relaxer Protector. Organic Root Stimulator makes a similar product that is more readily available in most BSS (but oddly enough, not Sally's :ohwell:). The key is heating these bottles up in a warm bath (like a pot of simmering water on low) until the product becomes liquified, then using the applicator bottle to squeeze it onto your scalp as opposed to your hair. I learned this from my friend, who learned it from her stylist, and I will try it the next time I relax in June. :grin: Good luck!.

lonei

Thanks a bunch. I will look for the ORS one as that the relaxer I use but I bet as usual it's not available in the UK!

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Due to underprocessing as well I no longer base (with anything). I do steam treatments before relaxing up to 2 days before and I also avoid protein on my ng (as I think that creates underprocessing as well).