Bantu knot out result pics

B

Bublnbrnsuga

I was inspired yesterday to straighten my hair, thanks to ChiChi's post about her Dominican Blowout. I tried her method,but since I am flictked, I could not hold the blowdryer and the brush at the same time LOL. So, I did the old method- regular blow dry and straighten. I used a jumbo curling iron to straighten my hair and I must say, it came out quite nicely. I then decided to place bantu knots in my hair for that night. This morning, I unraveled the bantu knots and here's the result. I am no longer going to the beautician to get my hair pressed or flatironed. I am purchasing me a Jilbere flatiron soon and saving my money!!

jetcitygirl

Smeller of roses
That looks GOOD! I am definately filing that method away for future use. Shoot, you don't need to pay a stylist with those skills. All of the bantu-knot sets I've seen people do have looked really cute. I'm looking forward to trying one myself. :grin:

Chinagem

I agree. This is gorgeous. Did you use anything on your hair before you did the bantu knots for staying power?

MelsWifey

Hair Fanatic
Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous!!! I can't wait to try that style with longer hair this summer. How did you get that bling-bling going on in there???

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Girl,

That is gorgeous. I know you went out somewhere with your hair looking so good! You just couldn't waste the pretty. :)

Oh, just some FYI on your future Jilbere purchase. I would totally recommend that you go with a CHI, because the Jilbere snags and it will make you nervous and mad to hear and see your hair being pulled out by that Jilbere iron. :(

It's an investment, but a good one. I got mine off ebay brand new but for less than what they sell it in stores.

B

Bublnbrnsuga

Chinagem said:
I agree. This is gorgeous. Did you use anything on your hair before you did the bantu knots for staying power?

I only used hair oil while straightening. I did not use anything else, ie setting lotion,mousse,etc.

B

Bublnbrnsuga

MelsWifey said:
Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous!!! I can't wait to try that style with longer hair this summer. How did you get that bling-bling going on in there???

Thanks! I used Hair milk by Carols daughter.

B

Bublnbrnsuga

Thanks for the heads up,Supergirl. Yes, I was trying to be cheap...

Peachtree

Bsuga, u are definitely awesome at stying ur hair. Your knot out looks very pretty.
Girlfriend, did u change the pw to ur album? I can't access it. Hook a sista' up :doiiing:

Chichi

Yeah!:clap: I am glad it worked for you and your hair came out gorgeous! :) Looks just like a rollerset/blowout.

Chichi :bdance: