Banana Hair Mask Recipe

janeemat

I was doing a search on the net of benefits of honey on the hair and found this.
Banana Hair Mask Recipe

A custom recipe was blended for my hair that included the following ingredients:

1 organic ripened banana
2 tablespoons plain organic yogurt
2 teaspoons organic wheat germ oil
1/4th teaspoon of lecithin
1/8th teaspoon of organic honey
2 teaspoons of sweetened condensed milk
2-4 drops of ylang ylang essential oil

The ylang ylang essential is used to give a special relaxing and soothing effect. Not only does this magnificent oil calm emotions and soothe raw nerves, it is famous as a softening agent for the hair and scalp.

My spa beauty consultant explained that she buys all of her organic banana products at the local health food market when possible. If you are not able to find organic products or buy from a health food, you can still try this great honey/banana recipe with normal grocery store products.

Using a high speed blender the consultant mixed the ingredients until they were the consistency of a thick fruit drink that had a fabulous sweet aroma. The consultant told me that she is often tempted to drink the mask mixture for breakfast.

A detoxifying shampoo was applied to my hair to remove any possible product build-up. It was followed with a warm rinse and a towel blotting. The thick gooey yellow mixture was brushed onto my slightly damp hair with a color application brush that looked like a type of paint brush. The conditioner was applied one inch from my hair roots down to the very ends of my hair.

Candygirl

Candygirl
Sounds very good,but please be advised that banana can cling on to your hair even after you THINK you have rinsed it all out. I did a banana hair mask about 6 months ago and will never use banana again because it stuck on to my hair and resembled snotty boogers. It took a very long time before that stuff decided to let loose of my strands. Just my experience.

XXXtacy

Candygirl said:
Sounds very good,but please be advised that banana can cling on to your hair even after you THINK you have rinsed it all out. I did a banana hair mask about 6 months ago and will never use banana again because it stuck on to my hair and resembled snotty boogers. It took a very long time before that stuff decided to let loose of my strands. Just my experience.

LOL not the snotty boogers look. :lol:

I use banana and honey on my face. I heard you can use the same treatment on your breast to perk the girls up.

myco

Candygirl said:

This is so true. I did a banana/grape seed oil hair mask as a preshampoo over the weekend. I was too lazy to pull out the blender, so I mashed by hand. It took forever to get those banana boogers out. Lots of rinsing involved.

Make sure you blend well and if at all possible, strain it before using it on your hair. Also the riper the banana the better. It mashes/purees better.

adw425

I've done this about three times in the last eight months and my hair loves it. I did not have a problem at all. I did not use the sweetened condensed milk, though. I used coconut milk and a little soy milk.