BABY OIL GEL...REALLY???

A friend of mine told me yesterday she has started using baby oil gel to moisturize her hair. She said it works well for her. Sounds like a greasy mess to me.

Anyone ever tried it?

PassionFruit

all that pore-blocking mineral may do something for her... or because it looks wet & shiny she may THINK its doing something for her....

I'll take a pass on it

Soliel185

As long as she doesn't get it on her scalp it might be ok. It's not "moisturizing" her hair though - it's the same consistancy as a serum so maybe it's just sealing in whatever else she put on first...

tinkat

I have never used it, but when I think of baby oil, I do not think of it moisturizing hair.

clever

:lachen:Only because pre-LHCF this was me.My cousin and I always put baby oil and baby lotion on our hair in the summer.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I used it before hair boards. I didn't know it was bad then. I don't remember anything negative about it. I actually liked it.

Soliel185

I use just a smidge on the ends on my wet hair. It drys nice, soft and shiny.

Makes sense - I remember a thread a bit back where a member was using vaseline to seal damp ends at night claiming that it sealed them and kept them split free.

fluffylocks

I thought about using it, a knockoff i brought from somewhere had glycerin and aloe vera, plus i love the smell, and it kind of had the same ingredients as a gel..I thought it would be a combo of a light gel, oil, and slight humecant

I never tried though....If someone can find a one with good ingrdients, cant be any worse than than using the vasaline lotion on hair, you would probally just have to use it very lightly.

I love when you have products that serve more than 1 purpose so you can cut down..