B-Complex effects without biotin?

soslychic

I know that many have expressed their success with biotin when they added a b complex to it, but because of it's side effects that many have mentioned that are scaring me, I've decided not to take biotin.
So does anyone experience good effects with b complex alone? What kind of effects?

cybra

Hey SSC.

The only side effects I experienced from the biotin was periodic pimples. However, I am certain it was due to the high dosage I was taking because now that I'm taking it as directed, I don't get them anymore. I also take the B-complex, flaxseed, and Oil of Olays vitamin with antioxidants...need that to preserve my old skin
But, other than that, all is well. The biotin had DEFINATELY thickened my hair. It's thicker now in my 40s than it was when I was in my 20s
I love it and have a cupboard full of it...okay, maybe not full, but like 3 or 4 bottles

I'm not sure of the side effects you were referring to, but maybe those listing them were taking too high a dose too...I don't know. But, I guess I should answer your question, I'm not taking the B alone
Hope someone can answer your question.

soslychic

Hmm....well I think I'll put biotin on trial then (take it for 2 months and see what happens). By the way, how much do you take cybra? I was thinking of the freeda 2.5 mg tablets.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
soslychic said:
So does anyone experience good effects with b complex alone?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've experienced good effects with b-complex alone. It was the only vitamin I took after getting my hair cut back in 1999.

[ QUOTE ]
soslychic said:
What kind of effects?

[/ QUOTE ]
strong nails, nail growth, hair growth, glowing skin