Ayurvedic - Why so popular?

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
what if I just use HairVeda stuff would that be Ayurvedic? I am not lazy I just have no skills in mixing. I also have no time I am a full time mom of twins, work full time, and in school full time.

that_1_grrrl

I'm not that familiar with HairVeda, but from what I've seen on the website, not all products contain ayurvedic powders/oils, so I think it would depend on what products you use.

sheba1

I'm sorry, SouthernStunner, I didn't answer because I'm just not familiar with their products, either.

I think the cheapest easiest thing to do to incorporate ayurveda would be to grab some Amla gold oil (smells better than reg amla), some vatika oil, some amla powder (for strength and moisture), some brhingaraj powder (very moisturizing) and some brahmi powder (for strength). Add a tablespoon of each powder to one of your cheapie conditioners.

The next time your going to wash your hair, try pre pooing with amla oil. I wear a wig to work, so it's really easy for me to oil my hair, put a bag over it and then put my wig on. When you're ready to wash, wash as normal. I use Dr. Bronner's Lavendar Shikakai soap, but you use whatever you like. Condition with your cheapie conditioner. Or, if you're a co washer, co wash with your amped up cheapie conditioner. Or, if it's a DC day, coat your hair with vatika oil then put your conditioner on top and DC. For the DC you might want to add some honey if you're deep conditioning. The base of Vatika is coconut oil so it will pass through the folicle. Use vatika before and after styling as you see fit.

These are super simple ways to incorporate ayurveda and see if you like it. If you like it, you will know immediately. Everyone's hair responds so quickly. And I know it sounds like I mentioned a lot of products, but they are cheap. I think everything I mentioned is less than 30 dollars total, including the Dr. Bronner's which is $15 and not necessary to try ayurveda.

If you decide you really like it and you want to do something more one day, you might even make a tea with the powders you have. Take a teaspoon of each and put it in an unsused clean dress sock. Let it steep in hot water and use that tea for a base in a moisturizing spritz. I use 1/3 of each; my tea, glycerine and aloe vera juice. I then add some tea tree and vitamin E oil to preserve and a layer of amla oil. I shake this and spritz my hair whenever I get the urge.

I really enjoy what ayurveda does to my hair. I don't think these methods take much more time then opening the package, really. And, to me, the results are worth it. And I just started! 6 weeks or so in and I love it.