Ayurvedic Regimen and relaxed hair

~NanCeBoTwin~

I've subscribed to numerous postings regarding Ayurveda powders and regimens, many of them very very long....

My question is, is there certain time before getting relaxers that I should not use the powders or a certain wait time after getting relaxers before using them again? I just hit week 15 in a 18+ week stretch.

I'm a little nervous, I've been researching and researching on this site, BHM and some of the fotki's of our members but this seemed to be the only real question I had that I couldn't find an answer to....I found a great article on BHM that includes recipes that I've printed out....

My plan:
prepoo using Amla, Shikakai and/or coconut oil
Wash 2x's / wk using 1tbsp shikakai, 1tbsp amla and 1tbsp brahmi (1 cup warm water, 1 cup cold water)
co-wash Suave Humectant or Garnier Fructis Wonder Waves
Basic Air dry or using roller set ponytail method, braid outs or twist outs
Oil Nightly rotating between: Amla, Shikakai, jojoba or coconut oil

Am I missing anything????? :nervous2:

Denise11

I had that question also. Some people say stop 7 days before, and don't start back until 7 days after a relaxer. And some some say they never stop, and their hair is fine.

What I don't like is that even when I use the powders in the right combinations, they still make my hair dry.

Iwas reading the waistlength thread. And what I discovered is, all of the people with long, healthy hair don't do all of this crazy stuff. Ayurveda, growth aids, etc.. They just wash, condition, moisturize, and seal. So that's what I'm gonna do. K.I.S.S.

I really think people from India have beautiful hair because it's in their genes, not because of these powders.

I just had to get that out. LOL

HoneyDew

I have done a henna treatment a week for my relaxer and I was fine. I have never had a problem with henna and relaxer.

I do notice that layered henna treatments, say weekly for several weeks, sometimes makes my hair process at a slower rate which is good for me since I self relax.

Overall, henna has be a GOOD treatment for my relaxed hair, anytime I do it.

AngieB

I have done relaxer and henna on the same day without a problem. I read up on it first and it seemed no one had a problem doing it that way either.