Ayurveda Powders

crownedone

For those use Ayurveda powders....do you have powder residue left in your hair afterwards???

I used a mixture of powders (total 25 grams or a 1/4 of a packet) to my condish (4oz) for a co-wash and after several rinses later, I still had powdery residue. Did I use too much powder?

ALSO, do you have any others suggestions on using the powders??

Urban

I'm yet to apply a paste with the powders i'm currently using. I do tea rinses and haven't come across this problem yet. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come in and answer.

*bump*

gorgeous86

If you are trying to rinse a paste in the shower, try rinsing under the bathtub faucet instead (more water pressure). Also, when I want to rinse in the shower, I find it easier to just mix the powders with water and just pour it on my hair in the shower. It is easier to rinse in the shower when the powders are a liquid consistency instead of a thick paste.

Last edited:

Platinum

I mix my powders in my condish and I never have a problem rinsing.:look: Did you pre-oil your hair first? If not, try oiling your hair with coconut, olive, or any other oil. I also add a little oil to my condish before applying. Also try using a little less powder, more conditioner to make the the mix creamier.

Hope this helps!

Eisani

^^I was going to say the same thing. Pre-oil your hair really good. If you're only using 4 oz of conditioner, cut back on the powders or if you really want to use 25 grams, add more conditioner. I can see how that w/b grainy. I don't even add 25 grams in a 16 oz bottle :look:. Take your time while in the shower and let the water run over your head for a good 5 minutes or more just rinsing, then follow up w/a couple moisturizing cowashes (powder free) to remove the rest of the powder.

Jas123

The Star of a Story
i never do and i don't use oils or conditioners with mine... my powders are really fine though... no large grains