Aveda Deep Penetrating Hair Revitalizer

chayil0427

Just wanted to know who has used this and what did you think?

The product claims:

Intensive restructuring treatment for chemically-treated, dry or brittle hair. Restores strength and elasticity, leaving hair soft, shiny and full of body. Contains peppermint, lavender, rosemary and certified organic aloe.
  • Reduces breakage
Thanks in advance.

Chayil

I have tried the Aveda Deep Penetrating Hair Revitalizer three different ways, and I give it two thumbs up.

Natural After-Shampoo Conditioner- I have "cantcha-dontcha" hair in its natural state, so I was a bit skeptical when mkstar826 was raving about it awhile back. I tried it it and fell in love. My type 4b hair held moisture almost until the next wash (a week later). This was before I even practiced moisturizing my hair daily.

Relaxed After-Shampoo Conditioner- My hair smelled so good, but I do not think the small amount of protein in it agreed with my relaxed hair. In short, my relaxed hair is picky with protein for some strange reason.

Relaxed Pre-Poo- Love! Love! Love! I read that macherieamour seemed to have the same problem with after shampoo protein conditioner. Consequently, she used protein conditioners for pre-poos. Her hair looks great, so I tried it on my relaxed hair as a pre-poo. My hair felt strong and moisturized-actually more similar to the way may hair felt when I used it as a natural.

I shall purchase the Aveda Deep Penetrating Hair Revitalizer again after I use all of these other products up. The best thing is that it is less expensive than the DR line which translates to being easier on the pocket.

Last edited:
never tried but i'm not surprised thats works well!! perhaps i'll get around to trying yet another aveda product. i cant get enough actually!!!:)

I did NOT like this. It was entirely too much protein for my hair (and my hair usually likes protein) at that time and it made it feel hard and straw-like.

I took that stuff back with the quickness.

After mkstar rave about it, I decided to try it. I really like this product. I use it every other week to deep condition with. It strengthens and moistuizes my strands.

I used this about 4 years ago & it was my staple back then. Don't know why I stopped. But, it did help w/ breakage & weak hair. I just found my tube from back then & the price on it is $15, this stuff has gone up now to $21.

Let us know how it works for you.;)

I mix Deep Penetrating with my Aveda Damage Remedy conditioners/treatments and it works well. Or i use it after i shampoo with Aveda's Brilliant shampoo.

Last edited:
Back