Aveda Control Paste--Anyone use this stuff?

RubyWoo

Anyone use Aveda Control Paste?

I picked some up so that I can keep my edges under control as I stretch my relaxer. I read on another board in addition to some reviews on the Aveda site that it was good for laying your edges down. I tried it and I'm still on the fence. I used a little, rubbed my fingers together and put them on my damp edges. My edges are really curly. They loosened the curl and the roots (of my edges) straightened out but the ends are still loosely curled. However I want(ed) my edges completely straight and smooth:drunk::ohwell:. Is it possible with this product? If not, what do you suggest from Aveda?

I want to put in a relaxed texture weave in a few weeks and I want my edges to match. Any suggestions on how I can make this work?

RubyWoo

I finally figured out how to use it and I am beyond impressed:). It definitely surpassed my expectations! It's to only be used on dry hair (I did it on damp) and you're supposed to emulsify (rub hands/fingers together for about 30 seconds or so) it until the consistency changes ( I rubbed my fingers together but not enough). This is just an FYI just in case anyone has any trouble with this stuff in the future.

Last edited:

ImFree27

yes i love it, i need to get sum more thanks for reminding me, im natural and it lays my edges down when i wear my hair straight, i was just about to say you have to use it on dry hair...

tallnomad

I am off to buy some of this now. This works so well for double strand twists. You do it on dry or lightly dampened hair, and the twists come out so moist and luscious.

LadyRaider

I bought some texture paste. Do you think it will help with definition and staying power with twist outs or Bantu knot outs?

RubyWoo

^^^That's hard to say as I've only used this paste for my edges. It does work well for hold which is benefical for definition.