Aubrey Organics new vs. old label?

Lucia

Well it seems like acording to this source the formula is basically the same, just more detailed and heavily chemistry worded instead of plain english.

Do you recall the old saga of the AOHSR labelling? Well, reader Celine certainly does and just sent me an email saying,

'Just wanted to give you a little heads up regarding AOHSR. I remember your previous post on the labelling of ingredients and that water should come first. I just bought a new bottle and I now see that water comes first when it was not there before. I guess they changed the ingredients'

If you need a refresher - I previously said water should always be the first ingredient in any water based conditioner (often 50-80% of the volume) - (here and here) and that you should be mightily suspicious if your conditioner did not list water. Some readers said to me back then that Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner had no water listed but was your favourite conditioner. I maintained that water should always be the first ingredient in a conditioner and asked Aubrey Organics about this and they responded to say that they would eventually be changing their labels to straightforward labelling and water would appear first (here).

Following Celine's email, I went over to the main website and looked at the new label. I believe that what they used to label as coconut fatty acid cream base has now been expanded (see the ingredients highlighted in blue). The rest of the ingredients are identical to the previous label. I do not think the formula or ingredients have changed (it does not say that they have on the website),I just think the label now reflects the full ingredients. I always thought the use of coconut fatty acid cream base was misleading so well done to Aubrey Organics to correcting the label to industry standards.

Old Label

Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii) (Organic), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil, Jojoba Oil (Organic), Rosa Mosqueta (Organic), Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Seed Oil, Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel) Extract, Hops, Balm Mint (Melissa Officinalis) Extract, Mistletoe (Viscum Album), Chamomila Recuita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Yarrow, Chrysanthemum, Angelica, Forsythia, Honeysuckle Oil, Carrot (Daucus Carota) Oil, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamin A, C, E)

New Label

Aqua, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cetyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis, Glyceryl Linoleate, Glyceryl Linolenate, Glycerin, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Oil)*, Rosa Moschata Oil* (Rosa Mosqueta, Rose Hip Oil), Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel), Humulus Lupulus Extract, (Hops), Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint) Extract, Viscum Album (Mistletoe), Anthemis Nobilis Extract (Roman Camomile), Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Angelica Acutiloba (Japanese Angelica) Extract, Forsythia Suspensa Fruit Extract, Magnolia Biondii (Magnolia)Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Oil , Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Daucus Carota Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit Oil), Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C).

AHeadOfCoils

I literally JUST cowashed with AOHSR and my ingredients aren't the same ones that you posted above. Well, they aren't in the same order.

Either way, I def like the formula that I currently have. It smoothes my hair like no other. :nono:

Looks like I will have to take my bottle into the store with me, so I can make sure to get the same one.. :lol:

southerncitygirl

I haven't had any issues. We have discussed numerous times that the ingredients have been the same and due to EU standards they had to change the way they were listed and be more detailed. Aubrey's will always be a staple in my stash, its my boo-thang for life!

kupenda

I haven't had any issues. We have discussed numerous times that the ingredients have been the same and due to EU standards they had to change the way they were listed and be more detailed. Aubrey's will always be a staple in my stash, its my boo-thang for life!

Pretty much. That GPB is heaven in a bottle

mayoo

I usually recieve the new formula (GPB) but this time i got the old one and i have to say that i feel like it's different.
I noticed that it was a darker colour when i poured it out and it made my hair feel softer and more moisturised than with the newer one does :) Now im afraid that i might get the new one again lol