Aubrey Organics JAY Shampoo

kingstonkaramel

Is Aubrey Organics JAY Shampoo ok to use as my regular shampoo every few days? I know that it's supposed to be hydrating and moisturizing but on the ingredients list, it has liquid protein as the second ingredient... will this end up drying my hair out over time?

-kingston

earthtones

I tried JAY shampoo and didn't like it. It was very <font color="purple"> </font> drying <font color="black"> </font> . If you have hard water you might have to use ACV rinse.

VALLEYGIRL

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
If you have hard water you might have to use ACV rinse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. I tried it and liked it a lot at first but it left a coating on my hair after only a few uses. Natural/Castille based shampoos usually don't work well in hard water. They leave soap scum on the tub and a film on your hair. They rinse off better in soft water regions. But you may want to try the ACV rinses after using it. It will help remove some of the shampoo residue.
HTH
Valleygirl

hairfanatic

I love anything Aubrey but yes, some natural shampoos can be very drying. Also, some people that are relaxed have said that some of his shampoos made their hair tangled.

hairfanatic

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I tried JAY shampoo and didn't like it. It was very drying . If you have hard water you might have to use ACV rinse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree Earthtones,

I have also notice that a lot of my natural shampoos did not work very well in hard water but I purchased a filter and I can definately see a difference.

Nikki

I haven't tried Aubrey products,,, but, I am very faithful to my NeXXus Luxury Moisterizing Shampoo. Love it, Love it, Love it..

Chow