ATTN ALL LADIES WHO DYE / HIGHLIGHT THEIR HAIR

NuMe2004

Hey ladies,

I realize we don't have a hair color forum. I love color, although I do realize that it can be very drying/damaging to your hair. However, if you're natural (which I am), I think that your hair can handle the color process better.

I like to add color to the front of my hair for highlights and would love to see pics/albums of some of the ladies here who also dye their hair. I prefer reddish tones and have included a pic of my highlighted bangs .

Can you please also share what color you use and whether or not you get your hair professionally colored or DIY??

I am a DIY'er and use red copper by Cream of Nature.

Looking forward to seeing your color photos!

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 90

glamazon386

I have highlights. I had them done at the salon. Depending on how my hair is styled/dried sometimes they look lighter or darker.

Last edited:

glamazon386

Nice hi-lites glamazon386 :)! It looks blondish if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks... It was supposed to be a light brown. The name of the color was buttercream. But for some reason it looks lighter/darker depending on how it's styled. If I gel my hair back when it's wet it looks brown. You can barely see it. If I blowdry it looks blondish. I was really pleased with the way it turned out but IDK if I'd do it again.

shtow

Im relaxed. The permanent color is called Hi-Rez. Its commercial. I have always had some form of color in my hair since I was 15. I have 2 natural blond streaks so after these red tips grow out I will just rely on what god gave me. U can kinda see the Hi Rez color in my avatar, as well as my fotki. My fotki also shows pics of my bright color that made my hair break off in 06. Out of 5 color jobs, that was the only one that caused breakage. And it was because my color happy stylist bleached my hair. There is no bleach in my hair now. I got my hair dyed last May and only needed one trim. After I relax next month I may trim depending on how my hair looks

hothair

hey there!
been coloring my hair for years
feel free to check out my album....

Oooh goodie! my hair colour inspiration- I colour my hair with no adverse effects, I up my protein and use commercial dyes- dark n lovely, loreal and clairol ( bronze, light brown etc)- Also dom conditioners and Aveda DR Intensive treatment have helped out loads!

Valerie

I like highlights myself, twice I have done the highlights myself. Once I went to the Aveda salon. I will do it again in March.

Avyn

i'm glad you all posted. i love coloring my hair and went natural so i could do it without fear of losing all my hair. i have been on the fence about coloring. i will do it but take care to condition consistently. What are the best conditioners you guys have used?

BlondeByDesire

DIYer

Ms. Clairol Luminizer (clear) mixed with Ms. Clairol Developer

It highlights your natural hair to its highest potential and the Sun adds to it.

I've had my color for about 9 years or more lost count, relaxed, never had any problems.

I love it.

momi

DIYer

It highlights your natural hair to its highest potential and the Sun adds to it.

I've had my color for about 9 years or more lost count, relaxed, never had any problems.

I love it.

Your hair is so pretty!!!

Monigirl

Great thread!!

I love experimenting with color. I have always done my own highlights and full head dyes. Here are a couple of pics (one showing highlights and the other showing a semi-permanent black I loved) When I do dark colors I tend to use semi-permanent which fades after 20 washes from my hair.

I have cut of my hair after the black dye job (i thought I was ready to start a natural journey but failed) Currently my hair is it natural dark brown color and I intend to do highlights again when I reach shoulder length again.

Last edited:

Monigirl

DIYer

I love it.

I love your blond color. I may have to try this when I do my highlight later this year. Thanks for sharing this info..:grin:

Monigirl

Hey ladies,

I realize we don't have a hair color forum. I love color, although I do realize that it can be very drying/damaging to your hair. However, if you're natural (which I am), I think that your hair can handle the color process better.

I like to add color to the front of my hair for highlights and would love to see pics/albums of some of the ladies here who also dye their hair. I prefer reddish tones and have included a pic of my highlighted bangs .

Can you please also share what color you use and whether or not you get your hair professionally colored or DIY??

I am a DIY'er and use red copper by Cream of Nature.

Looking forward to seeing your color photos!

:yep: I like your bang highlight effect. Did you apply the color by brush, comb or cap? Lovely!!!

hopeful

@ Jenteel, Your hair is BEAUTIFUL!!!! And I love the color so much.

@ Marbel, I love your hair, beautiful blonde tone.

@ Glamazon--love the highlights.

Ya'll making me want some color for real!

luzminerva

Yes Marbel I want to know how you apply it too. And how often do you dye your roots, how do you do your roots with out overlapping? What is your original hair color?

Thx,
Sis

:yep: I like your bang highlight effect. Did you apply the color by brush, comb or cap? Lovely!!!