attention all 3b/3c members or anyone with knowledge of these hair types

prtybrwnis

3b, 3c, or 4a members

I am new to the forum and just want to see what their current regimen is for you 3b and 3c ladies. I have been poring over all of the threads and feel dizzy. So many products but what is best? I guess I will have test. I just starting Biotin 5mg and Futurebiotics Hair, Skin, and Nails 2 days ago. I am waiting for my BT to come in the mail which I will use everyday. I am planning to wash my hair weekly, although it may end up being more like every 4 days. My hair produces a lot of oil on it's own. I don't put grease on it. I am combating bad dandruff at the top when time to wash.

I am using what I have at home currently for poos and condition. I have Infusium 23 shampoo for relaxed and color treated hair. I bought samples on Straight Arrows MNT Shampoo and Conditioner to try. I have used twice and they work great. I also have Pantene Pro-V for Relaxed hair dandruff shampoo. It helps initially, but the dandruff comes back. I have had this bout with dandruff since taking out my braids in March/April 2007. I also experienced some breakage from right at the crown in January 07 from some other braids, but it has gotten better. I also have ORS Mayo that I plan to use every other week for deep condition. My hair is currently in a bob by my ears with the nape trimmed low (not shaved). My first goal is shoulder length, but not sure of a reasonable time to expect this. I would post a picture, but have been unable to put one in my avatar or attach to this thread due to the LHCF system not letting me.

I think I've said enough. Sorry so long....now help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I am relaxed and am trying to stretch my relaxers. I just did a 12 week stretch.

Last edited:

hothair

Welcome!!! Trying to think of relaxed 3b/cs :scratchch CandyC (I think) and she's got gawgeous hair. I can think of some natural ones though...

Andreainnis

:wave: Welcome to LHCF, you're gonna love it here if you don't already! I'm a coarse 3c with shoulder length in the front and Apl in the back. I wash and deep condition once a week and I co-wash in between, sometimes twice during the week before I wash because I workout and sweat a lot in my head. I too am stretching my relaxers with the assistance of a sew-in weave and the most helpful lines that I have been enjoying are NTM,ORS,Kenra,Regis design line Olive oil:love: which works wonders and smells heavenly! I do an aphogee treatment every six weeks and I henna/indigo once a month for protein and conditioning (to keep the line of demarcation strong). My biggest challenge so far has been detangling and managing my newgrowth but red palm butter and afro detangler are extremely helpful with that. Wide tooth bone combs and the denman brush are my best friends although I only use them on wash days under running water. Another favorite method to assist stretching, minimize breaking and retain moisture is baggying at night, love it! Well, Im sure you'll get great advice from other 3b/c'ers so with that, good luck on your hair journey! HTH!

prtybrwnis

Thanks andreainnis! I need to read up on the baggying method. I keep reading about it but don't know what it entails. Although, I don't have enough hair to ponytail yet so baggying may not be for me yet. I see that you use the lacio lacio. How is that working for you? Any other dominican products? I'm trying to pick a good shampoo and conditioner. I stretched with the help of braids last time, so this time I'll be doing it without. No more braids for me. My hair itches too much. I did pretty good with a roller set at aboout 9 to 10 weeks stretch. My roots were just very wavy but thick.

tarheelgurl

3 something here. Sounds like you have a regimen in progress. I can add that for my fine 3 something strands, I use GF sleek and shine and coconut oil.

Keep us updated on your progress!

prtybrwnis

I have to give a shout out to Marie170. She adopted me as her little sis on here and has been guiding me. However, I just wanted to start posting and get more feedback. Thanks everyone!

Kurli-Q

I was battling dandruff but then tried Nizoral and now it's all gone. At first u should use it everytime you wash your hair then gradually cut back. I use it about once a month or so. Oh, it's a shampoo.:)

Empress Yahudah

Hey hun and welcome to the forum ....Im 3C relaxed as well u can look in my fotki to see what I use and my reggie ... id type it up here but its alot to type..... if u have any questions let me know and shoot me a pm or something ... there is alot of support on here for ya:)

Andreainnis

prtybrwnis said:
Thanks andreainnis! I need to read up on the baggying method. I keep reading about it but don't know what it entails. Although, I don't have enough hair to ponytail yet so baggying may not be for me yet. I see that you use the lacio lacio. How is that working for you? Any other dominican products? I'm trying to pick a good shampoo and conditioner. I stretched with the help of braids last time, so this time I'll be doing it without. No more braids for me. My hair itches too much. I did pretty good with a roller set at aboout 9 to 10 weeks stretch. My roots were just very wavy but thick.
You're very welcome! You dont need a ponytail to baggy, you can baggy your whole head which is what I do.... you just apply your favorite moisturizer, some people use oil, and put your hair in a plastic shower cap. You can do this at night, or under a wig, scarf, or phony pony during the day.
I LOVE Lacio Lacio!!! But ordering & waiting is a pain for me so Im glad to have found two leave-ins that work just the same and that I love equally...NTM silk touch leave-in & Regis olive oil leave-in both of which smell heavenly. After using those leave-ins w/coconut oil the comb glides through my new growth like butter!
Other dominican products? I love Miss Key 10 en 1 (very moisturizing/grreat slip) I would use silicon mix but with mineral oil being the second ingredient, I cant do it. Not familiar with any others but if you want a good moisturizing poo and cond, you gotta try Kenra, it's off the chain!

neenzmj

Hello and welcome. I am a natural 3b/3c. My regimen is pretty simple, and admittedly, I am not as diligent with my hair as many of the ladies on the board (but I'm striving toward it.) Basically, I shampoo and condition at least twice a week and clarify every couple of weeks. My staple products are Elucence conditioner, Keracare moisturizer, NTM leave-in and just lately, Lacio Lacio. I recently ordered some avocado butter after reading very positive comments about it on the board.

I switch up between wash 'n go's, twist-outs, rollersets and flexirod sets.

Hope this helps.

honeybadgirl

prtybrwnis said:

my hair is 3b/3c and absolutely HATES baggying! i did it twice before i realized it was damaging my hair. every time i did, my ends looks horrible!!! the 1st time i didnt put 2 + 2 together but the 2nd time i had just had a trim and baggied:eek: why oh why did i do that! i also do not get relaxers so maybe thats a different case and it works for so many other people so it may work for you. just wanted to give you some warning or ask other 3b/3c with and w/o relaxers and see what they say.
other than that my hair loves aveda, amla oil, hot oil or a pea size amount every other day or i usually spray it on daily mixed with water.

Last edited:

honeybadgirl

Cleve_gryl said:
:wave: Let me know if you have any other questions, seems the ladies have given you lots of tips so far!! :cool:

btw...cleve wth are you doing to your hair!?!?!?! it looks great girl!!! great progress...hhg and let me know:grin:

prtybrwnis

I'm wondering if I really am a 3b/3c still unsure. Can any of you tell from the pics in my fotki? It's in my profile.